Itinerary Change for The Deuce Aug 3rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Itinerary Change for The Deuce Aug 3rd

In the original announcement, Sat Aug 3rd shows a ride to Gold River and beyond. Sid contacted me about a change in plans for that day, and he and I have been emailing each other. I have snipped together the following:

I have decided, that since that first weekend ride is the BC day weekend, we should kick back and enjoy the day off, (Saturday), and see the parade and the neat stuff that goes on in town, and chill out and have "techno" clinics in the afternoon with beers and sun.

Kayaking with my neighbours business for cheap, and seeing the harbour etc, is also an option. The reason I have done this, is it gives everyone a "lay-over" to regenerate, before the big loop run. No one has ever done this before, so I am gonna step out on the edge.

Most folks are at their destinations for the Sunday, before returning home on Monday. Other possibilities, see the Provincial Holiday celebrated with parades, "lotsa fun" things, and Fireworks on Sat night at the ocean at Transfer Beach.

If people want to ride, however many could go ahead and do the Gold River run as originally planned.

Looks like we can all do whatever we want~! What a guy! 3 cheers for Sid!
    Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Change of plans

Sounds good to me, would love a chance to just chill and get to meet the bunch of you guys finally after all the help you have been..

Looks like ill be up either Friday LATE, or early Saturday morning...

may just make the ride early Sat morning to hit that first ferry, maybe the chill thing would be the best then... ill already have 3 or 4 gas stops on this special..LOL
    jeff "Wags"
    Bothell, Wa

79sf mongrel
    79sf rusty
    79 partsbike almost complete

Comment

Pat Kelly and I will be coming up the 1st via Vancouver. We plan on taking a whirlwind tour of Downtown Vancouver and Stanley Park. Maybe even go up to Grouse Mountain before we catch the Horseshoe Bay Ferry. It will be Pat's first Visit to this beautiful city.

Looking forward to seeing everyone, new and old and getting a Wildcat in my hand!!
      Johnny Yukon

79SF "Black Magic'
      97 B-12 "BlueBayou"

Comment

Itinerary Change

Not a problem. You are right it would let the new people (myself) meet some of the people who we see on the posts and actually talk to them instead of just ride.
        Don
        Don Hughes
        Ex-1978 E
        Ex-1985 Yamaha Venture Royale
        1991 Yamaha Venture Royale
        1990 Honda Goldwing
        Edmonton

Comment

Hi Don

Looking forward to meeing you. There's lots of getting-to-know-you time in the eves and at meals, but yes, a whole day to hang out makes it even better.

How far from your place to Sid's?

Comment

Distance to Sid's

Mike,
            We are about 1400 kms from Sid's.
            Herb & Louis Johnson and I will go to Ken & Sheila Talbots in Revelstoke the first day and then onto Vancouver Island the second. About 700 Kms each day.
            My first long trip like this. Herb & Louis holiday this way so thay know what to expect.
            I am looking forward to the trip with excitement and a little bit of fear of the unknown.
            Don
            Don Hughes
            Ex-1978 E
            1990 Honda Goldwing
            Edmonton

Comment

Ken told me that he and Sheila would only be at Sid's one night. I hope you and Herb and Louis are staying longer, since the end of the rally rides takes you to a jump-off place nearer home anyway.

'fear of the unknown', that should help keep you alert!

700km is a good day's ride, esp. if you're not used to it, and two in a row as well... stay hydrated, and keep the rubber side down!

See you there!

Comment

which one is the typo?

Don, just noticed a discrepancy you can help me fix...

Is it Herb and Louis like in your post, brothers? father/son?
                Or is it Herb and Louise like in the expectend attendance list? like bro/sis or married? Father/daughter

straighten me out, okay?

Comment

Herb & Louis

They are husband and wife team.
                  Friends of mine and Herb drives an '84 XJ.
                  Herb is also an auto motive mechanic who does most of my repairs on my XS.
                  Great combination for me as I am not a mechanic. Can change oil and wash the bike but that's about it.
                  Don
                  Don Hughes
                  Ex-1978 E
                  1990 Honda Goldwing
                  Edmonton

Comment

Herb & Louis

And yes they are attending with me.
                    Sorry, re-read your question and did not answer completely.
                    Don Hughes
                    Ex-1978 E
                    1990 Honda Goldwing
                    Edmonton

Comment

Greetings Mike, Sid and other Deuce attendees.
                      Things are coming together here in the sweltering Midwest.
                      Had the bike in pieces all weekend. New tires, new front rim,
                      new front wheel bearings, new fork dust covers. Adjusted the
                      valves, colortune, carb sync. Have the fairing off to put new speakers in for the stereo. Need to swap the tail light and rear turn signals so I can use my soft saddlebags and I want to swap the current backrest for one that looks better.
                      Still planning on leaving this Friday and getting to Vancouver Monday or Tuesday, depending. The rest of my group is flying in Monday night, so I'd like to get there close to that.
                      Don't know exactly which Deuce events I'll/we'll be attending since the Significant Other has family commitments as well, but We're all looking forward to meeting you all. I'll be easy to spot, I'll be the tall guy who prefers not to sit down!!
                      I'm hoping to be able to post from the road, we'll see how that works out.
                      Take care all.
                      Paul Johnson

Comment

Aug 3rd

Greetings XSive,

Aug 3rd is the last day of my journey from Ontario to British Columbia, via the USA. On this last leg to get to the rally, I will be travelling from Seattle to Ladysmith. It's great to know that someone will be there! The drive is what, 4 hours or so? I'll probably leave late morning, around 10 am or thereaboots.

In short, it's great that this day is changing, as it means I won't have some messy logistics to deal with in meeting the group.

See y'all soon (and make sure there is some cold beer ready !

Ron Lyman.

Comment

Working...
                        X