2012?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012?

anyone got any thoughts to this summer... I'm pretty new to this club but would love to travel and meet others with similar bikes
    Don
    1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
    1989 kawi ex500
    1996 yzf-r6
    1999 yzf-r1
    2001 kawi zx-6r
    2000 Ducati 748
    2002 YZF-R1
    2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

2012 pnw

Howdy - where exactly is Ridgefield? I'm in Oliver, BC - 20 min north of the border from Oroville. Andreas is in Osoyoos, 5 min, north of the border and I found out that one of the wrenches at the Penticton Yamaha shop has an XS as well. Not sure at all what my summer schedule is going to be but it should be fun to gather somewhere.
    1980 XS 1100 Special
    Mostly stock & original
    Added Yamaha fairing (w/ 8-track!)
    Torpedo bags
    New paint (still) pending
    Stainless brake lines
    Tkat forkbrace
    Coils from Honda 1000

Previous bikes:
    1968(?) 350 Harley Davidson
    1977 Yamaha 650

Comment

Ridgefield is north of Portland, OR just outside of Vancouver, WA

My wife and I are traveling with by buddy and his wife and their goldwing to Sunriver, OR June 24th thru 27th. Plan on riding the cascade lakes hwy and the mckenzie pass hwy loop while down there. Oughta be fun. We're going down thru santiam pass and coming back over mount hood. If there's any forum friends that want to meet up there we can put something together.

As of right now that's the only ride I have set in stone.
      Don
      1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
      1989 kawi ex500
      1996 yzf-r6
      1999 yzf-r1
      2001 kawi zx-6r
      2000 Ducati 748
      2002 YZF-R1
      2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Hi im new to the club id love to meet up with some fellow 1100 riders i live in the olympia, wa area u guys let me know whar we can work out
        80sg (currently getting motor swap)

Comment

Originally posted by NathanP View Post
          Hi im new to the club id love to meet up with some fellow 1100 riders i live in the olympia, wa area u guys let me know whar we can work out
          Ya I'd like to try and get something together for a weekend meet up this summer. I have no problem traveling. So if we can get some people interested we can start planning something.
          Don

old:
          1989 kawi ex500
          1996 yzf-r6
          1999 yzf-r1
          2001 kawi zx-6r
          2000 Ducati 748
          2002 YZF-R1
          2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

ya that would be great i dont mind traveling myself. where can we plan on going? my schedule is pretty open for the summer throw out a date and we can plan from there
            80sg (currently getting motor swap)

Comment

Originally posted by NathanP View Post
              ya that would be great i dont mind traveling myself. where can we plan on going? my schedule is pretty open for the summer throw out a date and we can plan from there
              Well Like I've said prior we are riding down to Sunriver, OR June 24-28. Me and the wife on our bike and my buddy and his wife on their Goldwing. I can't house anymore in the vacation home than the 4 already going. but if others would like to find themselves lodging they are more than welcome to ride down with us or meet up while we're down there. We plan on riding the McKenzie Pass loop, the Cascade Lakes Hwy loop, and going down to Crater Lake while we're down there.

That is the only bike trip I have set in stone.

If we get some people interested I'll host a dinner BBQ @ the house in Sunriver so we can have a couple beers and burgers and swap bike stories
              Don

old:
              1989 kawi ex500
              1996 yzf-r6
              1999 yzf-r1
              2001 kawi zx-6r
              2000 Ducati 748
              2002 YZF-R1
              2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

I tried to get up to Osoyoos last summer, but never made it. Maybe this summer.
                DZ
                Vyger, 'F'
                "The Special", 'SF'
                '08 FJR1300

Comment

Working...
                X