Pnw 2011??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pnw 2011??

Anyone up for a PNW ride this summer? I read about the Cali ride, but sadly I won't be in the area in June. I'll be in San Diego until the first week of May, but then I head back home. I grew up in Yakima, and love the scenery on that side. My uncle lives up on Hwy 2 and the mountains are beautiful, too. I really would like a ride on the East side, as the Wifey doesn't like it much over there.. (Something about panic attacks and too much wide open space.)

But yeah, a nice loop for a couple/three days with maybe chat/tech sessions in the evenings. Doesn't have to be huge, either. What do y'all think?
    '79 XS1100F
    '82 CB450SC -- For sale, runs great.

Most people respond with "if you plan it they will come"
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

True enough.. But being Navy, it's hard to have any kind of plans that far out. Even a couple of guys on a day ride would be great for me.. I'm so pathetic, lol.
      '79 XS1100F

Comment

So where are you located? You say PNW, that to me is Ore., WA., and Calf. I am in Battle Ground, WA.
        1980 XS1100LG Midnight
        1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
        A quick death and an easy one.
        A pretty girl and an honest one.
        A cold beer and another one!

Comment

Home is Poulsbo, WA, but I'll be in San Diego til may. If anyone was interested in riding the olympic peninsula/mountains there are plenty of campgrounds available. I just can't organize anything to save my life and wouldn't know how if you drew me pictures
          '79 XS1100F

Comment

I am tentatively interested. It's all going to depend on the new job, though. It will likely require a lot of travel (unless I can get a permanent on-site position somewhere), so I'm going to have to play a lot of things by ear this summer.
            XS1100SG - Obsession

Like I told my last wife, I says, "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."
            -- Jack Burton

Comment

Just over the bridge.

I don't own an XS at this time, but I owned one for over 16 years, so if you aren't too proud to ride with a Honda owner, let me know when you get back. I live in Port Townsend, 45min. to the north of you. We have a loose menagerie of friends who go on rides all summer. Some overnight and some just day trips.
              Fastmover
              "Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
              lion". SHL
              78 XS1100e

Comment

I'll be sure to do that, I've been to PT a few times, beautiful downtown area. I don't know the backroads well at all though. Sounds like a lot of fun. And no, I don't care what anyone rides. I almost ended up with an older GL1000 myself.
                '79 XS1100F

Comment

Cool, we're just a loose mix of guys and girls who like to hang around the local bike shop most Saturdays, drink coffee and talk bikes, and take rides when enough of us can get together. Like I said we ride all sorts of bikes, some Hondas, BMW's, Harleys,Ducs, Goozies, even some sidecars and sport bikes. Group sizes are usually 12 or less bikes and we don't ride in formation, everyone rides their own ride. PM me when you get back in the area, or just stop by the PT Honda shop some Saturday morning and meet everyone. Steve.
                  Fastmover
                  "Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
                  lion". SHL
                  78 XS1100e

Comment

Working...
                  X