WyoDak Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WyoDak Rally

Kathy and I attended the Dak portion of the WyoDak Rally. I gotta say, "Coyboy Bob" was able to be in 2 places at once. Bob was busy announcing important evacuations and road closures due to the fire near Deadwood AND attending as many of the rides as he could. He is somewhat of a radio hero to many locals who were glued to their radios.

Spearfish Canyon is a nice experience when the road is uncrowded as it was, in contrast to riding it during "bike week." The rides through Custer Sate Park were great. For all of you Gamblers out there, Deadwood was saved by the firefighters.

The attendees included (although I did not see members that only did the Wyo portion), Bob Garcia and his wonderful wife Marvina, Sid Hansen and wife Kathy O'Connor, RC alias Tkat and his pillion mate Myra, Dale Hicks and Lois Hicks and his family members, Yavonne (sp?), Lanny the Lizzard Marshall, Rob Mills, James Dille, Jerry Fields, James Ho and Bill Miller dropped into camp for their Iron Butt check point :-) I know there were more, but my memory...

The ride home was long and Kathy was a real trooper on her Yamaha YX Radian. 412 miles in one day! We saved our energies for the ride home by making short rides the day before. Even still, that was quite a feat for her.
    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.
    03 Honda ST1300 ABS

Pretty bad having to reply to you own message. I did forget to mention that Chris Erick(?) and his wife also attended. Nice looking Special, Chris.
    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.
    03 Honda ST1300 ABS

Comment

Working...
    X