Pacific Northwest '03 (Olympia,Wa)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacific Northwest '03 (Olympia,Wa)

Come to Olympia Washington this summer! I have two dates in mind August 14th-18th, or August 21st-25th. Input on dates please!

{it has been decided - Aug 14-18 - see pg 2 of this thread - make plans!}

Tentative agenda (flexible and weather dependent)

Thursday: early arrivals
    Friday: group ride down the coast and up the Columbia River (all day ride).
    Saturday - short local rides, social day, wrenching, what ever.
    Sunday - recovery/departures - possible ride up to Hurricane Ridge.
    Monday - Open to who ever is left.

Over the years, the XS/XJ PNW rallies have evolved into a fantastic social gathering from all corners of this great area. I would like to continue this spirit and welcome all to attend. There has not been a bad one yet!

I’ll have a WEB page for this rally on-line by the end of the month.

See you all in August
    DZ
    DZ
    Vyger, 'F'
    "The Special", 'SF'
    '08 FJR1300

Fantastic, Denny. Gary Granger is coming out this way, dates are approx Aug 8 - 23, so the 14th -18th sounds terrific.

He and I want to get up to the Big Island too...with whoever else however else....
    Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Comment

I can't help but wonder what surprises are going to be at the border, this summer. The US gov't is in a nasty mood, and seems quite convinced (along with Ms.Clinton) that Canada is a hotbed of terrorists. Habeus corpus seems to have been thrown out the window with the Patriot Act, with the INS grabbing quite a cross section of non-Americans. At this time I would be quite reticent to travel down to the States from B.C., even with a clear record and a very 'english' name. It is quite unfortunate, as there are some wonderful roads I would like to ride in Washington, albeit at my slow pace! I just don't want to spend a week of my vacation at the pleasure of the government.

I know this is a message that will not sit well with the overwhelming majority of Americans. All the U.S. XSives I met last summer at the BI rally seemed more like close relatives (in the good sense ) than newly-met strangers; I would very much like to meet again with this crowd, raise a beer, and chat about bikes. So it is with considerable regret that I beg off going down to the States this summer. From this side of the border, it just appears too uncertain.
      Norm Willey
      94 BMW K75RT
      nwilley@shaw.ca

Comment

Mike Wrote:
        Fantastic, Denny. Gary Granger is coming out this way, dates are approx Aug 8 - 23, so the 14th -18th sounds terrific.
        I read that Gary was planning on being out this way in August, but I could not find the message get the exact dates.

So, 14th thru the 18th it is! Lets make it official.
        DZ
        Vyger, 'F'
        "The Special", 'SF'
        '08 FJR1300

Comment

Norm, I really doubt you would have any trouble at all. I have a friend in W. Vancouver who comes down almost every week with zero hassles (except going back, the Canadian customs give him more trouble than the US customs, go figure).

Keep an open mind, August is a long time off.
          Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Comment

I am planning a 3 week adventure right now....Leaving about the 5th of August (not too early) so I could be out there late on 8th (I am trailering) or early on 9th. Do not plan on heading home till the 24th or 25th, bringing two bikes (just in case of flat tires or mechanical problems) Looking forward to this...it is my one big trip for the year.
            Gary Granger
            Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
            2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

northwest in aug

damm, harvest starts here (edwall,wa) around the 10 of aug,(need the $), so I have to work, maybe I could shoot over to olympia the first few days,(depends on how much mosture is still in the wheat & barley), before harvest begans, love that bridge at astoria !
              to bad sixty-sixer aint ridin, gona miss some great ridin country,
              hwy to the sun,(glacier nat park)hwy 2 up around there, hwy 200 (from missoula to spokane) hwy 12 (lolo pass)a great ride, hwy 20(north cascades hwy, from kettle falls to burlington).
              just a few thoughts of the nw ridin good rides.
              be safe have fun !
              buzz

Comment

Re: northwest in aug

Originally posted by stpbuzz
                to bad sixty-sixer aint ridin, gona miss some great ridin country,
                hwy to the sun,(glacier nat park)hwy 2 up around there, hwy 200 (from missoula to spokane) hwy 12 (lolo pass)a great ride, hwy 20(north cascades hwy, from kettle falls to burlington).
                just a few thoughts of the nw ridin good rides.
                be safe have fun !
                buzz [/B]
                The only riding I'll be missing is the 3000 miles of boring interstate, Mike has assured me that once I get there, there will be plenty'o'riding to keep me busy for a couple of weeks . As far as the harvest goes, I have heard that this bunch needs a good harvest of barley and hopps just to keep them in refreshing cool drinks!
                Gary Granger
                Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
                2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

HERE I won't be, but.....!

Den, I come to you "with a heavy heart"! I will be away, but if you wanted to, you can use everything here, as a satellite meeting area, or as an out post, for a day ride etc! Just seems, I can never get this "rig" turned around without forty acres! I thought Mike Hart was with me on this one, but don't know now, after your date postings. Anyways, have everyone "turbo" a big beer for us, eh?
                  SQUID

Comment

Hi Denny!
                    I'll look forward to it. Right now the XJ is upside down and I'm trying to get the tranny shaft back in! What a PITA!! I did the double spacer fix with 4 new gears and 2 shift forks.
                    I'm hoping I'll be coming in on the 2004 FJR1300abs that I just ordered today! Whoo hoo!!

Deano
                    Deano K.
                    FJR1300a
                    82XJ (now Kirk's)

Comment

Deano, .....you bought a what??

Originally posted by Deano K
                      Hi Denny!
                      I'll look forward to it. Right now the XJ is upside down and I'm trying to get the tranny shaft back in! What a PITA!! I did the double spacer fix with 4 new gears and 2 shift forks.
                      I'm hoping I'll be coming in on the 2004 FJR1300abs that I just ordered today! Whoo hoo!!

Deano
                      You bought a what?

Comment

A 145hp 99ftlb watercooled fuel injected rice rocket in Cerillion Silver. Look it up on Yamaha's web site.

Deano
                        FJR1300 ABS
                        Deano K.
                        FJR1300a
                        82XJ (now Kirk's)

Comment

I'll be there. The Crunchbird is running great. Riding out to the coast in a couple hours, ain't this great weather!
                          David Browne
                          XS11SG Crunchbird
                          XS500E

Comment

Ill try to make it for even the weekend, if i can.. which ever dates they are..

Looking forward to catching up with you all and meeting some new ones too!
                            jeff "Wags"
                            Bothell, Wa

79sf mongrel
                            79sf rusty
                            79 partsbike almost complete

Comment

OK guys,

It's now almost July. Any new thoughts re the Aug ride.

Jeff Korn
                              Kent, WA
                              Jeff Korn
                              Original Owner 79XS1100 E
                              Yamaha Warrior has come and gone

Comment

Working...
                              X