X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PORT DOVER Friday the 13th

Who is going, if anybody...........?
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Gary, anything happening there on Saturday, or is it just a one day deal? Trying to find a web page with a schedule of events, but so far no luck.
    Brian
    1978E Midlife Crisis - A work in progress
    1984 Kawasaki 550 Ltd - Gone, but not forgotten

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
    remembering the same thing!

Comment

I have never been, but it does fall on a weekend off.

I found a write up:
      http://www.nationalpost.com/content/...s/081499a.html

All the info i can find is downtown opens up at 9am Friday, stay over if you like, looks like a one day event. BTW there is a Friday the 13th in December as well!!
      Gary Granger
      Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
      2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Yes Gary
        I know I'll be going. Went last year and man was there a lot of bikes. It is only one day but a long day.
        It is bumper to bumper at 9am. The police shut down the road to only motorcycle traffic in the main street area. Some just go for the day and some camp over night.
        Tom
        2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
        gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Well, did anyone make the trip? A few guys I work with went up. Several Harley's, a Kawasaki, and one XS1100. XS rider said he saw a couple of XS's while he was there, but didn't spot them when the owner's were there.
          Brian

Comment

Yes Brian

I was there. Someone left a note on my bike but it didn't make any sense. The note said Called me Al I think and refered me as an OLD fart and was signed Tom . I was there from about 10am til 4pm. The next warm one will be next June 2003. I only spotted one other XS11 in the crowd. I am hooked. I can't miss anymore!
            Tom
            2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
            gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Hehehe.. sounds like a good time was had by all Tom. My buddies '78 is all black engine included, with chrome Mac 4-2 on it, and a few of those stick on bullet holes on the tank. He stayed at the municiple campground run by the Kiawanas(I think?)

I got hit with a bout of insomnia Friday nite and was watching a Canadian news channel at about 4:30am. They had a segment on Port Dover, came into it about half way thru. Just in time to see some of the local residents venting about how much they hated Friday the 13th.. and also showing the major police presence in town for the event. Even showed the police arresting someone for trespassing. And, of course, they had to also show the "bad ass bikers" launching a few empties at the police.
              Brian

Comment

Working...
              X