Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall Run to PA ?????

Hey XSives,
    The idea was tossed out to do a Fall run to the Grand Canyon area to see the leaves changing. Sounds like a great idea to me .... I need feedback on dates end of Sept. to the mid Oct.
    I'm looking at taking the time off the weekend of Oct 12th & 13th.
    Let me know if this works for anyone else, & we'll plan accordingly.
    Looking forward to hearing from as many XSives as possible.

Reservations will need to be made real soon due to "Fall Foliage" lookers.

XSively Yours,
    Bruce Gerken
    '79 XS1100SF
    "The Black"
    '2009 BMW k1300GT'
    The Red Sled.
    St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Bruce
    Got to check the dates out ,and talk to some people sounds like a good weekend. Will let you . Hey thought you had different name for your bike at xs east. It ain't a midnight but i liked the name.
    Madbiker
    "80 Midnight Sp."

Comment

Bruce.
      That weekend works for me , but Iwon't be able to get there until sat around lunch. Where are we staying at ? Any body else
      come guys i ride with down here said theres a poker run in Potter Co. that weekend to.
      Madbiker
      80 Midnight Sp.

Comment

12th and 13th.......hmm I am actually off. Have you checked for room availability? The leaf peepers will be in full force by then.
        Gary Granger
        Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
        2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Room Availability

Hello Fellow XSives,
          FYI, I just got off the phone with the folks from the Grand Canyon Resort, seems that they have no rooms available, however if you feel like "roughing it" they have campsites available.
          I went to the Tioga County PA homepage & followed the link to Hotels/Motels and was able to get a room at the Penn Wells Hotel in Wellsboro for Saturday the 12th.
          As Gary cleverly pointed out, the "leaf peepers" seem to have reserved most of the rooms in the area, however, they may have cancellations or there's campsites available & possibly a camper or 2 if you call John @ the Grand Canyon Resort, I'm sure he'll be as accomodating as possible.
          Please put up a post to let us know if you'll be joining us, I still haven't spoken to Bruce as of yet, so our plans may change as well.
          John tells me he has rooms available at later dates should we decide to change our weekend and I can cancel my reservations if another weekend works better for others.
          Let us know ASAP please.

Ride Safely,
          Deb & Bruce

Comment

I will be up for the day on the 13th.
            Probably won't be many leaves to look at then, as fast as the leaves are changing and falling off already here in central Pa.
            Highlander

Comment

Dena and I have decided not to go to this mini-rally. She is being sent to Texas and I am going to NC the next week so both of us will be gone. I will be too much to try and do every thing for these trips and give up my only free weekend that month. Sorry guys. Looking forward to spring though!
              Gary Granger
              Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
              2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

CORRECTION:
                Make that the 12th.
                Highlander

Comment

I will be there sat. and sun. have a room in galeton.
                  madbiker

Comment

Meeting in Wellsboro

Hello Fellow XSives,
                    We're planning on an 11 AM - 12PM arrival time. So if you want to meet we'd best make plans soon. Any suggestions ?

Thinking we could meet at Grand Canyon (east wall at the end of Route 660) we'll be there as close to 12:30 PM - 1PM as possible.
                    Looking forward to seeing you, if you can't make meeting time/place please post and we'll work something out.
                    We're staying at the Penn Wells Hotel in Wellsboro don't have a room # yet but here's the 800 # (800-545-2446), room is under Deb's name (Alamprese).

Have a good one & ride safely.
                    Bruce Gerken
                    '79 XS1100SF
                    "The Black"
                    '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                    The Red Sled.
                    St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

Re: Meeting in Wellsboro

Thinking we could meet at Grand Canyon (east wall at the end of Route 660) we'll be there as close to 12:30 PM - 1PM as possible.

On the 12th?
                      Highlander

Comment

Fall Grand Canyon Trip

Yes Dave,
                        We will be there on Saturday Oct. 12th. at the time specified or as close to it as possible depending on "leaf peepers".
                        Looking forward to seeing you then.
                        We'll be bringing our copy of the XSEast 2002 Rally video we just received form John Irish, hope you'll get a chance to see it if you haven't already.
                        Ride Safely.
                        Bruce Gerken
                        '79 XS1100SF
                        "The Black"
                        '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                        The Red Sled.

Comment

Sound s good to me Bruce the only room I could find was in Galeton. At Nob Hill some thing or odther. Busy weekend up there thet weekend.
                          Madbiker
                          80 Midnight

Comment

I will be coming through Galeton.
                            Highlander

Comment

madbiker, Knob Hill motel is a mile or so east of Galeton, on the north side of Rt. 6.

I will try to meet up with you guys at the canyon. Just started a new job, not sure if I can get away. I will try to spend the day with y'all.

Larry's Sport Center - Yamaha, Kawasaki, Harley Davidson - is having a shindig on the 5th. He is 2 miles west of Galeton. Toys for Tots or something. Has lots of prizes - oldest biker, furthest traveller, etc. He also has a Star Trek run in the summer. the guys from here in Kane went a total of 490 miles that day. I had to beg out, unfortunately.
                              Marty in NW PA
                              Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                              Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                              This IS my happy face.

Comment

Working...
                              X