Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Bike Show NYC 2005

Hey XSives,
    Just wanted to let you all know there's an International Bike Show the weekend of January 21st - 23rd in NYC at the Jacob Javits Center.
    Gary & I'll be attending on the 22nd, so if anyone is interested in meeting there we'll meet at the Yamaha booth, at a designated time to be determined at a later date. I'll be the one wearing the big XSive patch on my back !!!

Keep watching for more info.

Xsively,
    Bruce
    Bruce Gerken
    '79 XS1100SF
    "The Black"
    '2009 BMW k1300GT'
    The Red Sled.
    St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

It's in Cleveland the following week end. I'll probably make it there, a bit closer to home.
    Marty in NW PA
    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
    This IS my happy face.

Comment

Atlanta- 8 Jan
      Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

Bruce,

This is really starting to get to me but now I can't go to this either! The surgery on my left hand is scheduled for Friday 21st. Sorry, you will have to go look at all the new bikes and hot babes by yourself.
        Gary Granger
        Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
        2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Bruce,

11:00 at the Yamah booth? I'll be the one wearing the XS11 hat!

Randy

Comment

I don't want to be a downer, but I went to the show when it was in Atlanta and, with few exceptions, didn't see anything I couldn't see at my local dealers. The few exceptions were: a Britten, a Vincent Black Shadow, some idiots beating on a Toyota truck with drumbsticks and some antique motorcycles. The Britten was a real treat though.
            Bill Murrin
            Nashville, TN
            1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
            1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
            2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
            2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
            1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
            2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Comment

Bill,

I wish I had seen you there! You didn't like the truck drummers?! I liked that street tracker built from a late Bonneville.
              Marty (in Mississippi)
              XS1100SG
              XS650SK
              XS650SH
              XS650G
              XS6502F
              XS650E

Comment

Marty,

I was going to call you but I forgot to take your phone number with me. Are you going to the Spring event at TWO? Mary wants to go and has told me to make sure that I buy my new Vstrom 1000 by then.
                Bill Murrin
                Nashville, TN
                1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
                1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
                2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
                2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
                1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
                2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Comment

Hi XSives,
                  Went to the Int'l Bike Show in NYC ... had a gr8 time..... Gary was right, there was lots to look at, both girls & bikes .... found some good deals, I bought a Corbin seat for the Katana & found a really nice set of LED signal lights for it as well .....but the girl making the pina colodas seemed to like my friends & I , there was alot of rum in those pina colodas!!!

Got to meet Randy, you guys are really gonna like Randy ! You can just tell he's XSive !!!

We did get the heavy snowfall they predicted, the ride home was slow & easy, got to watch a few people spin around & go backwards ! Made it home safely !!

Looking forward to seeing you all in July !! (if not sooner !)

XSively,
                  Bruce
                  Bruce Gerken
                  '79 XS1100SF
                  "The Black"
                  '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                  The Red Sled.
                  St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

I'm heading over to Cleveland tomorrow. If anyone's going, look for the XS11 hat. I'll try and be at the Yammie booth at noonish.
                    Marty in NW PA
                    This IS my happy face.

Comment

Hey, Marty.

While you're there, strike up a conversation with Ron the service rep at the Yamaha booth. He has a lot of first hand knowledge about the XS.

Enjoy!

Comment

Yous New Yawkas are so funny! I am going to a show to see bikes and girls, you want me to look for a guy!

Har Har Har

Actually I had a terrific time, got to sit on almost every bike there, and for the most part they are all too small.

I did hang out at the Yamaha booth for a while at noon, no one came up to me and asked about the XS Eleven hat I was wearing. I asked the Yamaha folks about Ron, they didn't know who I was talking about. Maybe this group was there just for Cleveland, and is not the same gruop that was in NYC, and they have different groups for the different shows?
                        Marty in NW PA
                        This IS my happy face.

Comment

I believe the dealers and new bikes were local. I know the Victory folks here in Atlanta came from Columbus, GA. I assumed the rest were from the area as well. They were trying to sell bikes.
                          Marty (in Mississippi)
                          XS1100SG
                          XS650SK
                          XS650SH
                          XS650G
                          XS6502F
                          XS650E

Comment

Working...
                          X