2005 Rallys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Rallys

Yes I know summer is not quite over , and I gone to a couple of rallys but whats happening next year?

Is anybody going to step up? I don't care how many there are.... just don't have them to close together(within a week of each other) and too far apart( half way across the country).

So far this year I have been in Canada .. ON,QC,NB
    in USA .. MI, OH, KY, TN, NC, VA, WV, PA, NY, VT, NH, MA
    Tom
    2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
    gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Where do you want to go next year Tom? N.On. again and really fast tour again. I'm game.
    Ralph and Tracy
    80 Midnight Sp.
    Evil mistress

Comment

You've been to more states than I have! I guess I have to get out more.

Tom, how about one more this year? TWO in North Georgia? Come to my house, we can trailer down from here...
      Marty in NW PA
      Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
      Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
      This IS my happy face.

Comment

Hey Marty

Not sure if I can swing it .... time off work.

Give me some dates and I'll see what I can do.

Gary dragged me to some of those states.. LOL and I was kicking all the way.

I got caught by IVAN and had to stay in your state one extra day.

I took I 79 ... did I come close too you?
        Tom

Comment

Hey Ralph

We just did a short loop.... There are lots more. But you gotta get a room a little closer.

I want to do that next year.
          Tom

Comment

yeah, you were an hour away from me.

Check the Southeast section. My plan is to head out Oct 14 after work. Last year rainbowshooter and I left right after work on Thursday, drove straight through, got there late morning Friday, went for a little run. He had a pickup and trailer, so that was easy. I have not heard from him this year, so I am goin' solo. Depending upon the weather forecast, I might ride the Mangler all the way, or throw it in the back of my pickup and truck down. Gotta watch the weather around here, we could have snow that late in October. If I had a companion, I could get a trailer.

Hope they have a ramp down there.
            Marty in NW PA
            This IS my happy face.

Comment

Hey Marty,

I'll be there Friday PM. We could put the end of my ramp of my trailer onto your tailgate,and first load it onto my trailer, then pull the truck away, and then unload it from the trailer onto the ground!? Of course, you'd loose some riding time on Friday PM. It's such a fun time, I get plenty of riding in on the SATURDAY run all by itself!

You can probably find a decently steep hill to back your truck into to allow you to unload it! How are you loading it in your truck IF you don't have a ramp!?
              T.C.
              T. C. Gresham
              81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
              79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
              History shows again and again,
              How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Thanks! They probably have something there, I am sure someone will have something. If not, I can wait for ya!

So who is stepping up for our regular Northeast Memorial Day first gathering? NC? NH? VT? I have to catch up to Tom!
                Marty in NW PA
                This IS my happy face.

Comment

I hope to see you guys at TWO in a couple weeks. Several from the XS650 groups will be there too. I may get there Thurs. night if all goes my way.
                  Marty (in Mississippi)
                  XS1100SG
                  XS650SK
                  XS650SH
                  XS650G
                  XS6502F
                  XS650E

Comment

Marty

It doesn't look as if I am going to get any time off for that weekend..... but I do have a weeks vacation to use up before the end of the year. I will have to figure out what to do with it.....

you guys have a great time down there and I will be think of yous...
                    Tom

Comment

"...figure out what to do with it..."

Wait much longer and you'll be shovelling that white stuff.
                      Marty in NW PA
                      This IS my happy face.

Comment

There you go again using that four letter word again!!!!

Would you stop that!!!!
                        Tom

Comment

Tom,

2005 Rallys is just too many for one year...365 is the most I can do.

Somebody mentioned NH, Darrell had an idea for VT, I have learned of some great roads near me and could host another in NY rally and not run out of riding for weeks. (or months)

I am game to go anywhere, why not have a CT, RI or NJ rally since I need to get those states off my to-do list.

If nobody steps up we will can all come over to my place.

Bruce has awesome riding in southern NY too.

Any other good ideas??
                          Gary Granger
                          Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
                          2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Talking about those "To do lists" I will need to stay ahead of Marty.... LOL

I have a niece in Texas that I want to drop in on sometime. I suppose I could pick off a couple more states on the way by.

Gary

What is this .... you can't do the many rallys in a year.... LOL

You will just have to wait for a leap year....

Host a rally and they will come
                            Tom

Comment

Hi to All.
                              Well Gary's right .... we do have some nice riding down here ....Memorial Day weekend is a "zoo" here due to the annual canoe regatta, all the traffic not to mention all the hotels/motels are booked way in advance, however, the 4th of July weekend is pretty much open.
                              We have a campground and motel across the river, and I have a large backyard for anyone that's interested.
                              The other motorcycle club that I belong to has an Ice Cream Run on that Saturday, and would just love to have us join them.
                              It's usually a 100 mile parade run, with 3 ice cream stops, at the end of the run, there's a barbecue, and bike games for those interested. Not to mention the scenery along the run.
                              We take over Main St in Deposit, NY for most of the day (and the night!)
                              This is always a good time !!! The run next year will be the 11th annual, and there's usually anywhere between 400 - 600 bikes. I just know they'd love the "XSive" .... did I forget to say that I'm road captain for this event ?????
                              Then the next 2 days we could just go riding.
                              Debbie & I have discussed it and we'd like to host a rally here that 4th of July weekend, unless someone else wishes to host the event ( we hosted 2003 in Little Grand Canyon, PA )
                              We're looking for replies of those who'd be interested so we can contact the motel & campground to see about group rates.

So .... it's up to you "XSive's" to decide where you wanna go & what you wanna do !!
                              ( Gary, did I hear you say you'd co-host????)

XSively,
                              Bruce & Deb
                              Bruce Gerken
                              '79 XS1100SF
                              "The Black"
                              '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                              The Red Sled.
                              St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

Working...
                              X