Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2004 August Rally Great time had by all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 August Rally Great time had by all!

I would like to thank all who attended my rally this past weekend A great time was had by all and other than a little rain things went well. Thanks go out to :
    Mark ( wheres my hat) Robertson
    Arron ( Its her fault im late ) Gillet
    Bruce (Havana ) Ducette
    Dena ( 190 k,s How fast is that ) Granger
    Gary ( Ya gotta live here to get it ) Granger
    Wayne ( The Pooh ) Reddin
    Tom ( Im running outta sides) Cale
    Justin (If the Trailers Rockin Dont come Knockin) Tremblay
    Cathrine ( the Dragon slayer)
    Bill ( Push Harder!! ) Kingson
    Tina (Red LIne ) Kingson
    Tina ( give me at least 1 ride ) Mitchell
    Ronnie (Only in the Maratimes, or For a Joke! ) Mitchell
    JJ ( Wheres the beer )
    Yovonne ( wheres the party )
    Doug (Who are these people ) Mitchell
    Jennifer ( What tent am i sleeping in? )
    All that attented know what i mean . Have a great day .............MITCH
    Doug Mitchell
    82 XJ1100 sold
    2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
    2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
    1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
    47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Great Times Had IN Oromocto

Thanks to Dougand Tina for the fine hospitality.
    Thanks for the roof to sleep under.
    Thanks for the rides in and around the rain.
    Thanks for the 110 MPH ride.
    Thanks for the big bonfires.
    Thanks for making your house...our house
    Thanks for all the laughs and good times.
    Thanks to Hanna for her big smiles and chuckles.
    But most of all...Thanks for becoming my new XS friends.

It was a great rally and good times had by all.
    Thanks Again,
    Wayne(Boy I miss Winnie) Reddin
    80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

"We are the type of band that if we moved in next door to you...Your lawn would die"
    Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

I want to second ALMOST everything Wayne said. I REALLY enjoyed myself, even with my misfortunes. And yes I am at home. I got in last night at 1am. I was trying to figure out what time I left. It was either 7 or 6 (darn that time change)

I drove straight through. I had to fill up FIVE times. Darn those small tanks! ( once in New Bruinswick, twice in Quebec,Twice in Ontario.) Total distance was 1620kms.

I very much want to second or even third want Wayne said about our hosts. They really went to the edge to make everyone feel at home.
      Tom
      2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
      gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Thank Doug,

Your efforts in hosting this rally were well above the usual standards. Thank Tina for me for putting up with us and all the work she must be doing to clean up after us.

If you are back at the Big Stop would you ask around and see if they saw my black XS-XJ hat. The girls there when I went looking didn't really put a great effort in looking for it; too busy with customers.

Mark
        Mark Robertson,

'84 XJ1100 - SOLD
        '79 XS1100 - SOLD n still going strong
        '07 Bandit 1250S

Comment

We just pulled in, didn't get to leave till 11:30am Atlantic time on Monday with the 6 year old tire change and all... . We made good time and only saw a hint of rain in the whole trip. The Trophy was making some kind of noise (chain, bearing? not sure) when I stopped at the stop sign in Mexico. So I pulled it right up on the lift (Ronnie it's a real lift ) and will check it out later. Tire worked well but was shedding some rubber on the side like I was doing hard twisties all the time (even when I wasn't) but it seems OK for a tire that was made 2 years before my bike...

Thank's to Doug and Tina and all the others who made this a great rally.

Man I need an Alpine.....

But you gotta live there to get it.
          Gary Granger
          Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
          2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Originally posted by Huron52
            I want to second ALMOST everything Wayne said. I REALLY enjoyed myself, even with my misfortunes. And yes I am at home. I got in last night at 1am. I was trying to figure out what time I left. It was either 7 or 6 (darn that time change)

I drove straight through. I had to fill up FIVE times. Darn those small tanks! ( once in New Bruinswick, twice in Quebec,Twice in Ontario.) Total distance was 1620kms.

I very much want to second or even third want Wayne said about our hosts. They really went to the edge to make everyone feel at home.
            Need me and Dena to sign the Iron Butt paper work? 1620KM = 1004 miles. Congrats...you have put the rest of us to shame...

I am thinking you left about 6:40am Atlantic time, looked at the time and at 7:00 am I was telling Doug you left 20 mins ago. That makes it 1004 miles in 18H 20min....Nice Job!!
            Gary Granger

Comment

I second what all have said: a great rally. Many thanks to Doug and Tina for their warm welcome. Catherine and I had a great time and the rides were great, despite the rain. This was our first rally and for sure not our last.

My total milage is 3519 KM in 8 days, I also drove straight through on the way back. I didn't get the distance from Oromocto to my home, but I left at 10:30 am local time and walked in the house at 9:00 PM eastern time. Tom: I had to fillup SIX times, and I only had to ride down to Montreal so don't go around complaining about gas tank sizes (allthough me riding 2 up AND pulling a trailer didn't help gas milage at all ).

To all that have read about my trailer wobbling at 120 kph, you can forget about that. I found out my speedo reads way low at those speeds and real speed is around 145 Km/h when the trailer starts to wander, and even then if I'm accelerating or slowing it stays put. So it makes this is a non-issue as I don't plan on running at that speed for extended periods with a trailer following me, and I retain the ability to pass at high speed. Overall I'm happy. This rig gets an 8.5 out of 10.

Thanks to all that came and helped to make this a wonderful event.

-Justin

Comment

Bringin it all together

Mitch. Thanks for reuniting all the "Old friends" that I've met at past rallies and of course it was great to meet all the riders that were once strangers and now friends as well!

Tina and yourself went all out to provide comfort and entertainment for us all and I thank you, it was very much appreciated by everyone.

Mark, Wayne and I made it home without incident and Justin the windshield stayed in place without adjustment.......

Wayne and I are heading over to PEI today for a day cruise and a stay at a motel somewhere over nite, weather looks good........

In closing, rallies are the best way to get to meet your fellow XSives that I know of; a chance to renew friendships and start new ones, lets all try to attend a rallie and keep the spirit alive.

Havanna (how'd I get that) Bruce
                80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

"We are the type of band that if we moved in next door to you...Your lawn would die"
                Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

Bruce

OK I sent the last reply on my computer at my place under waynes login.........just tryin to confuse everyone......but its only me whose confused.......isn't it?
                  Bruce
                  78XS1100 (made it to a rallie without a breakdown eh)
                  80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

Here are some pictures I didn't take too many, feel free to add to my album or post your own.

Pics NB 2004
                    Gary Granger

Comment

Havanna

Bruce that was in reference to the Cuban rum you seemed to enjoy so much ! Glad to hear you had a good time and got home safe with no windshield trouble ..........................MITCH
                      Doug Mitchell
                      82 XJ1100 sold

Comment

Doug,

I made your CD up and included last years photos too, will send it out on Friday.

Gary Granger

Comment

CD

Thanks Gary sent you a PM...................MITCH
                          Doug Mitchell
                          82 XJ1100 sold

Comment

It was an awesome rally; we would like to thank Doug and Tina for their hospitality. We had the shortest distance to go, 51km from westfield to Oromocto, it was nice to meet all the people there, interesting to hear where everybody was from and their stories. It was our first bike run, and we are looking forward to the next one!
                            --Aaron & Jen

Comment

Back Home Again

Just a last minute note I would like to add. I arrived back home in Scarborough, Ontario on Friday at 7:45PM. I did a total of 4280.6 kms. in 1 week. I cut the ride short by 1 day due to bad rain in the forecast. Most of the ride home was uneventful. Unless you want to talk about all that rain from Edmunston to Quebec City. Oh yes, and the bad batch of gas I got in Cabano, Quebec that made my bike run like a piece of crap for quite a few long kms.
                              Thanks again to Doug and Tina for doing a great job of hosting this years successful rally. My pictures are great and I will be posting them soon.
                              Thanks to Bruce Doucette for taking the week off with me. I enjoyed our riding and sailing events. You're a good friend and you always wiil be.
                              I look forward to seeing you all again at the next rally in the East.

Take Care,
                              Wayne Reddin
                              80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

Working...
                              X