Cruising in the Country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruising in the Country

Hi All as the site got hit and there is no threads here.... I will start one

Home safe and sound about 5pm... the farther west we got the colder in got. Tried to rain on us a couple of times but that is all it did.... tried!

1840 kms total for the weekend. Thanks all for meeting new friends and old ones as well.
    Tom
    2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
    gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Looks like I need to call JP.

Anyway, Dena and I made it home from the county, after a stop at Kingston to get a new front tire for Martys bike.

We managed to skirt the rain all the way and only got a few drops on us near Watertown NY.

Another great time was had by all......
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

We're Home to. Had a great time up north. Tried to rain on us yesterday. Spent the night near the pa. state line. Did get rained on for a little bit to day about 1hrs worth. I want to thank Tom for a great ride on friday and Jim for a great weekend Tracy and I had wonderful week north of the border. It was a good time and some great land to ride in. Thanks again Jim And Tom.
      Ralph & Tracy Waltman
      80 Midnight Sp.
      Evil Mistress

Comment

Got in before dark, no problems. Little bit of wear on the new solid gold tire is very even at the center. Mostly just wore out the little nubs.
        No rain after I left Gary and Deena. 1,031 miles round trip, 1,650 km.
        Marty in NW PA
        Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
        Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
        This IS my happy face.

Comment

Oops...THANKS Jim! Well done, well organized.
          Marty in NW PA
          This IS my happy face.

Comment

Yes ... Also I want to thank Jim for doing his homework. Well done. I know he put a lot of effort it to it.

Yea Sorry Ralph ... for dragging you so far north.... LOL

From start to finish I put on 1840kms this weekend. If we hadn't had to do a tech in the parking lot lord only knows how many more I would have put on. I don't think I would have wanted it any other way!

I got some great pictures.

I had fun! Would I do it again? You bet!
            Tom

Comment

Hi All,
              Finally arrived home at 8:00pm 12 1/2 hours after setting out. Great week end. we got rained on afew times but not too bad. Passed through Brighton Kinmount and Orrilia. Muffler fell of the Maxim which was soon found and re attached. Later brian had a similar problem with a lose muffler. Brian deserves an award for the longest way home. Lennert found some great roads and a very roundabout way home. Smiles all round.
              Phil
              1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
              1983 XJ 650 Maxim
              2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Hey Phil, finally strolled in the door about 1:00AM here. Not sure the total k's today, but I know it's in XS of 900, probably pretty close to 950km, or about 590 miles. . (Yes, it IS sore!!) It was worth it tho, the roads we took were true motorcycle roads. In addition to the muffler breaking, the starter switch is now totally inoperable. (Yes Tom, it WILL be repaired this time.. )

Jim and Ann, truly, it was a job well done.
                Brian
                1978E Midlife Crisis - A work in progress
                1984 Kawasaki 550 Ltd - Gone, but not forgotten

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
                remembering the same thing!

Comment

I forgot to thank Jim for organizing a very cool rally. How cool? Check the photos.

Link to pictures at image station.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4286321789

Feel free to add your photos to my album or put up a link to your own.
                  Gary Granger
                  Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
                  2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

I have added some pictures to Gary's album. Take a peek!
                    Tom

Comment

I added a few more to Gary's. Tried not to duplicate. Can you see the new solid gold Metzler front tire on the Mangler?
                      Marty in NW PA
                      This IS my happy face.

Comment

Working...
                      X