Xsne 2019?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post
    If it's that far north I'll be trailering. I'll stop and pi k you up.
    It's a deal!

Comment

Lots of good roads that way, or at least I have heard. As for distance I came home from Battleboro in one day and when it was in Glen falls I did that in one day. (All interstate mind you)

Three days there and three days back would be a nice rally in it self. (moving rally of sorts) Trailer? LOL Who does that!

You guys decide where and I'll see if I(we) can make it.
      Tom
      2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
      gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Originally posted by Huron52 View Post
        Lots of good roads that way, or at least I have heard. As for distance I came home from Battleboro in one day and when it was in Glen falls I did that in one day. (All interstate mind you)

Three days there and three days back would be a nice rally in it self. (moving rally of sorts) Trailer? LOL Who does that!

You guys decide where and I'll see if I(we) can make it.
        Hi Tom,
        As a card carrying member of the Iron Butt association your comments are duly noted. Not everyone is a glutton for punishment like you.
        I am done with 18 hour riding days. we should get together for some route planning over the winter once we know where we are going.

Phil
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Three days there and three days back would be a nice rally in it self. (moving rally of sorts) Trailer? LOL Who does that?
          That would be me. I decided I dont like riding hours on the bike to get to a ride. My one day trip from home to Canada broke me of the desire. 😪 if I could have sold the bike for a bus ticket that weekend I would have.
          "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
          1981 LH

Comment

Looks good. I always try to make the N.E. rally
            Keith

BMW K1600GTL-E
            Honda GL1800
            -Suzuki GV1400
            -Kawasaki KZ1300
            -Yamaha Xs1100
            -Honda CX500
            -Kawasaki KZ440
            -Honda XL350, SL100, Trail70

Comment

That would be me. I decided I dont like riding hours on the bike to get to a ride. My one day trip from home to Canada broke me of the desire. 😪 if I could have sold the bike for a bus ticket that weekend I would have.
              DuWayne you would have needed two tickets as you had that giant Bear who rode as passenger Good time.

Phil
              1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
                DuWayne you would have needed two tickets as you had that giant Bear who rode as passenger Good time.

Phil
                Hey Phil.... This is from a guy that made his wife ride on the back of a bike from California to Washington state.... And it wasn't a straight line. LOL
                Tom

Comment

Hey Phil.... This is from a guy that made his wife ride on the back of a bike from California to Washington state.... And it wasn't a straight line. LOL
                  Hi Tom,
                  True enough. in fairness though the west coast ride was on a "comfy couch Hardley

Phil
                  1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Hi Tom,
                    True enough. in fairness though the west coast ride was on a "comfy couch Hardley

Phil
                    That so true!
                    Tom

Comment

That isnt so surprising anymore..aging bikes and bikers do not fair well on LD rides anymore...Now if you were on a more comfortable LD machine then maybe it wouldnt be so bad...as long as you stayed off the 4 laners...I too have come to dislike long boring monotonous LD rides just to get to where the rally is...y'alls mileage will vary...
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Phil
                        Hi Tom,

Phil
                        Have I told you guys how much I love you lately?
                        "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                        1981 LH

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                          That isnt so surprising anymore..aging bikes and bikers do not fair well on LD rides anymore...Now if you were on a more comfortable LD machine then maybe it wouldnt be so bad...as long as you stayed off the 4 laners...I too have come to dislike long boring monotonous LD rides just to get to where the rally is...y'alls mileage will vary...
                          I'm glad that the riding to and from our get togethers is still half the enjoyment for me. (That would be on the ST).
                          The other half largely being just hanging out with everyone and seeing some new sights.
                          80 SG
                          81 SH in parts
                          99 ST1100
                          91 ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by DeanR View Post
                            I'm glad that the riding to and from our get togethers is still half the enjoyment for me. (That would be on the ST).
                            The other half largely being just hanging out with everyone and seeing some new sights.
                            Hi Dean,
                            I Agree. Planning the route to get there is also fun especially if you have the time to avoid the slab atleast some of the way.
                            Phil
                            1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Originally posted by DeanR View Post
                              Hey Dean..I too heartily agree.its not the ride..its the routes to and from...given one has the time.. When i was an ST owner i too enjoyed those back road routes the most..
                              1980 XS650G Special-Two
                              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Any news on this?

Comment

Working...
                                X