No announcement yet.

Toronto Bike show Jan 7 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, this is grand. SNOW, then more SNOW ................
    Right now Commercial Vehicles are banned west of Buffalo.

I'm ready to make a "Run for the Border" tomorrow AM if the weather cooperates. Roads in fair shape, if careful. Was 0F this AM and had to shovel my way out. Just as yesterday that took 90 minutes of hard labor chipping ice and moving snow to get out.

Originally posted by MPittma100 View Post
    You guys are going to have to start speaking a known language for the likes of me to understand which planet you are on.

It appears that goat is the new meat substance of choice where ever you are. And if it takes chains and snow tires on 2 wheelers to get there, I'm pretty sure I am glad to be here on earth.

Jeff - Be careful out there.
    Car lot a couple miles away has Snowmobiles on the lot. Ready for a Test Drive. Funny, cars frozen in place covered with snow but Snowmobiles ready for a Test Drive. and yep, i'm being careful. Sure don't need a slip n' fall or some wipe out.

Maybe I can rent a Snowmobile for the weekend? Right now that is about the best mode of travel to get to the Peace Bridge.

Now that's what I'm talking about; GOAT
    I will PM & send message tomorrow AM if i get stuck and can't make it. Otherwise i'll be looking for you at the Bike Show at 2pm. Entrance 2 as hamjam stated. I plan to be there early.

Jeff
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Hi Jeff,
      Roads are clear here in Mississauga and no snow in the forecast.
      Can you say Cold -13C overnight staggering up to -8C by lunch time Wind chill makes it feel like -20C
      so dress in your warm clothes.
      You should have a clear run once you pass Buffalo which gets an unreasonable amount of snow.
      Looking forward to seeing you. You have my number.
      Phil
      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Now THAT was an interesting drive.

Woke up to -22C. Just lovely. Roads dicey. Couldn't tell what was black ice and what wasn't . 20 miles behind a snow plow which would have been insane to pass. Heavy band of lake effect snow. Now sitting at Peace Bridge. Sunny but above 0 F.

Going in

Jeff
        78' XS1100 E
        78' XS1100 E
        78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
        '99 Triumph Sprint ST
        '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Jeff, good to hear you made the trip without any major incident!.
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Great Bike Show

Had a really grand day today in Mississauga meeting up with Jim, Leonard, Brian & Phil + got to see Bruce and meet his son too.
            Loads of bikes to druel on and good prices on riding gear. Had a blast

Pretty raw cold though outside but Int'l Centre buildings well heated. thank goodness ....... good meal and bike stories tonight too. More in AM.

Jeff
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
            '99 Triumph Sprint ST
            '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

well kids that was fun thanks
              Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
              Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
              and SOXS
              2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

I hope you did not skip the opportunity for an XSive group photo. Shame on you if you did!
                Marty (in Mississippi)
                XS1100SG
                XS650SK
                XS650SH
                XS650G
                XS6502F
                XS650E

Comment

Head hung low

in shame...

We had a good time, maybe that's why we forgot the group photo.

Here is at least proof of one member in attendance. Our good buddy Wayne, testing a nifty camping chair in a rather pricey tent for your bike.

'78 XS1100E (the newest bike I've ever owned)
                  '74 CB350F1 (under restoration)
                  '72 RT2 MX360 (gone but not forgotten)

Comment

c'mon hard enough herding cats without trying to get them all in one place for a photo
                    Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
                    Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
                    and SOXS
                    2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

Working...
                    X