XS East History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS East History

I've compiled a list of XSEast locations since inception. I've attended all but one. It has been interesting to see the turnover in members as they've migrated to newer though perhaps not better bikes. I find current and former Xsseives to be a great group to ride with and look forward to it each year. I guess that's why we keep coming back.

Enjoy . . .
    Year Date Location Rally Name
    1998 15-18Sep Dinghams Ferry PA,
    1999 28-30May Toronto ONT,
    2000 26-28May Davis WV,
    2001 25-27May Chocorua NH,
    2002 25-27May Alexandria Bay NY, Thunder in the Islands
    2003 23-25May Wellsboro PA, Big Power in the Little Canyon
    2004 28-30May Cairo WV,
    2005 27-29May Elkins WV, Unexpected Rally
    2006 26-28May Pineville WV, Almost Heaven
    2007 25-27May Port Ontario NY,
    2008 24-26May Stroudsburg PA, To The Poconos . . . and Beyond
    2009 22-25May Battleboro VT, Miss-Placed in the Green Mountains
    2010 28-31May Somerset PA, A Ride to Remember
    2011 27-29May Lexington VA, Ruckus in Rockbridge
    2012 26-28May Cambridge OH, Buckeye Blitz
    2013 24-27May Weston WV, The Demented Mountains
    2014 23-25May Summersville WV, Fast and Furious
    Darrell
    78E
    80G project
    06FJR

Very cool! This last one at Summersville was my first but definitely not my last. Everyone was so cool and nice to me and the riding was great!
    Jeff
    77 XS750 2D completely stock
    79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Comment

Thanks Darrell, this comes up almost every rally, usually after a few rounds and by then my sponge is completely unreliable....

My first was Wellsboro, met Bruce G and Dena for the first time. I have made every one since. Funny, at that time I read about some of the folks getting together there in the fall to check out the roads before the spring rally and after years of riding an XS11 alone I didn't really think it sounded like much fun riding in a group. But since it was only a couple of hours from my house I went to check it out. Well I was of course wrong again, it certainly is fun.....

Some history - the "Unexpected Rally" name came about when no one stepped up to organize a rally that year. Ralph contacted me and said if he picked a motel / starting point would I map a couple of day trips for just us and wives. Ralph put us in the motel in Elkins. I was a bit of a noob but as I developed the routes the roads in that neighborhood were pretty good and there were places to eat so I asked Ralph of we should go ahead and 'go public?' He agreed and that is how the name came about.
      Marty in NW PA
      Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
      Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
      This IS my happy face.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyA View Post
        Some history - the "Unexpected Rally" name came about when no one stepped up to organize a rally that year. Ralph contacted me and said if he picked a motel / starting point would I map a couple of day trips for just us and wives. Ralph put us in the motel in Elkins. I was a bit of a noob but as I developed the routes the roads in that neighborhood were pretty good and there were places to eat so I asked Ralph of we should go ahead and 'go public?' He agreed and that is how the name came about.
        I thought it was because Bruce hosted XS East in July. Wrong?
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
          I thought it was because Bruce hosted XS East in July. Wrong?
          Well, he did that, the "Got XSive" rally in Bainbridge, where the group met the boat people. But as Ralph and I developed the mini-rally we referred to it as the "UnRally" because it was just us and wives. But the shirts had "UnXSpected" on them because when we announced it to the group it unexpected.
          Marty in NW PA
          Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
          Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
          This IS my happy face.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyA View Post
            Well, he did that, the "Got XSive" rally in Bainbridge, where the group met the boat people.
            Oh yeah, "The Boat People". I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my entire life. Bruce G with his comment on the boat "They" were in and Randy Rago who hates boats. We bumped a wall in the boat and we are 140 feet underground....The look on Randy's face was priceless.

Wayne
            80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

"We are the type of band that if we moved in next door to you...Your lawn would die"
            Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

Working...
            X