XSNorth 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XSNorth 2014

Next year's XSNorth 2014 is going to be hosted by Ken(Newbee) and Wayne(Phoenix Rider)

XSNorth 2014 is going to take place in

Brockville, Ontario.

June 27th, 28th, 29th, 2014.

Comfort Inn Brockville
    7777 Kent Boulevard.
    Brockville, Ontario
    K6V 6N7

Cost of the rooms are
    $100.00 + 13%= $113.00 per night

Mention XS1100 North Group when booking your room to receive the group booking discount.

Cut off date to book the blocked rooms is May 27, 2014 and any rooms leftover get released back into our public inventory and resold.

Last date to change or cancel a reservation will be June 13, 2014

Telephone: (613) 345-0042

Fax: (613) 345-4868

E-mail: slhitsman@gmail.com

We have reserved 15 rooms with two queen size beds and not all of them will be downstairs so it will be a first call basis.
    You do, however, have the option of a single queen size bed with a pull out couch for a second person on a ground floor room.

This a 2 storey hotel. It has drive up rooms with a main door inside the hotel and a sliding glass door that allows access to your bike.

The Hotel offers a deluxe complimentary Canadian Continental breakfast served from 7am – 10am on weekends and from 6am – 9am throughout the week which consists of scrambled eggs, bacon, hot/cold cereal, waffles, bagels, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, toast, fruit and muffins. They also have fresh coffee, tea and hot chocolate 24 hours daily. Each room has a large 42" LED big screen TV's. Rooms also have a fridge, microwave and in room coffee makers.

They are within walking distance to restaurants, such as East Side Marios, Swiss Chalet, Luna’s Restaurant (Italian/Greek), and there are fast food restaurants such as Burger King, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Wendy’s and Harvey’s.

Come out and join us,
    Thank you in advance,

Wayne for Ken Leach(Newbee)
    80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

"We are the type of band that if we moved in next door to you...Your lawn would die"
    Lemmy from Motorhead

Alrighty then, got a target destination. Now I gotta start figurin' ...........
    Coming up from BUF now I got options vs Haliburton or Bancroft. Let's see Peace Bridge and Toronto traffic, and the 401 -or- slip across at I-81 and come up the Thou Islands Pkwy. hum?? Or, maybe that depends on what Mo, Phil, John and Hamjam are doing.

I had a blast at Haliburton in 2012 and this years Bancroft was a washout getting there. Rain from Erie to BUF was horrific and some flooding. Would have been impossible to make it safely. Hoping for that 1000 Island beautiful weekend next June. Haven't been up to 1000 Islands in a long time. In the hopper and will try and work out a plan to make it. May cheat and trailer to BUF. At least I think the Canadian Authorities should not have any issues with my XS11 headlight and light mounting system. What I got by with in GA, SC, TN & NC was for sure not NY or Ontario legal. Now I'm all fixed up I think.

Jeff

Interesting Town History as Elizabethtown & Brockville:
    Brockville became Ontario's first incorporated self-governing town on January 28, 1832, two years before the town of Toronto.

Major-General Isaac Brock. He was celebrated as the "Hero and Saviour" of Upper Canada because of his recent success in securing the surrender of Fort Detroit. Perhaps to curry favour with Gen Brock, certain leading citizens in the village, including Charles Jones, proposed the name of Brockville.

Woops, I knew there had to more to the story:
    The Raid on Elizabethtown occurred on February 7, 1813, when Benjamin Forsyth and 200 men crossed the frozen St. Lawrence River to occupy Elizabethtown and seize military and public stores, free American prisoners, then capture British military prisoners.

The general had been aware of the honour being offered by the residents of Elizabethtown, but had no chance to give it his official blessing before his death. Provincial officials accepted the new name, which was soon commonly used by residents and visitors. In 1830 the growing population of Brockville had managed to exceed the 1000 mark.
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
      Alrighty then, got a target destination. Now I gotta start figurin' ...........
      Coming up from BUF now I got options vs Haliburton or Bancroft. Let's see Peace Bridge and Toronto traffic, and the 401 -or- slip across at I-81 and come up the Thou Islands Pkwy. hum?? Or, maybe that depends on what Mo, Phil, John and Hamjam are doing.

I had a blast at Haliburton in 2012 and this years Bancroft was a washout getting there. Rain from Erie to BUF was horrific and some flooding. Would have been impossible to make it safely. Hoping for that 1000 Island beautiful weekend next June. Haven't been up to 1000 Islands in a long time. In the hopper and will try and work out a plan to make it. May cheat and trailer to BUF. At least I think the Canadian Authorities should not have any issues with my XS11 headlight and light mounting system. What I got by with in GA, SC, TN & NC was for sure not NY or Ontario legal. Now I'm all fixed up I think.

Jeff

Interesting Town History as Elizabethtown & Brockville:
      Brockville became Ontario's first incorporated self-governing town on January 28, 1832, two years before the town of Toronto.

Major-General Isaac Brock. He was celebrated as the "Hero and Saviour" of Upper Canada because of his recent success in securing the surrender of Fort Detroit. Perhaps to curry favour with Gen Brock, certain leading citizens in the village, including Charles Jones, proposed the name of Brockville.

Woops, I knew there had to more to the story:
      The Raid on Elizabethtown occurred on February 7, 1813, when Benjamin Forsyth and 200 men crossed the frozen St. Lawrence River to occupy Elizabethtown and seize military and public stores, free American prisoners, then capture British military prisoners.

The general had been aware of the honour being offered by the residents of Elizabethtown, but had no chance to give it his official blessing before his death. Provincial officials accepted the new name, which was soon commonly used by residents and visitors. In 1830 the growing population of Brockville had managed to exceed the 1000 mark.
      Hi Jeff,
      I think if you come up the I-81 and cross over the Ivy Lea bridge it would be closer to Brockville. However if you cross at the Peace Bridge it is a shorter distance, but then you have to contend with weekend traffic on both the QEW and the 401. No thanks.
      It was a shame with the flooding in the Bancroft region last year. It really did have an effect on the attendance of last years rally. We did manage to ride up for the day and ride with Mack and his guests. It was a great day of riding. Mack did pick some nice roads to travel.
      There is some beautiful old buildings and a large monument to General Brock in the downtown core of Brockville. Although we are staying north of the historic part, I would be glad to take you and anyone else that might be interested in seeing the old part of Brockville.

Wayne
      80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

"We are the type of band that if we moved in next door to you...Your lawn would die"
      Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

Many Thanks

Before all the post start I would like to thank Phoenix Rider (Wayne) for all his help in trying to put something together for XS North 2014 WITH A TWIST normally we go North but this year I thought we might go East I think a lot of us haven't rode the here also I thought it might make it a little easier access crossing over for any US-XSERS who might want to attend.Wayne has been kind enough to do the posting due to the fact I am not familiar how to do all the fancy posts and links.There will be a thread at a later date for t-shirts and a link for the routes.All though 2014 is not a long weekend Canada Day being Tuesday we are still treating that weekend as if it was for those who might have or take off the Monday.I hope we are on our way to a fun and safe XS Rally looking forward to seeing and meeting fellow XSers June 27-30

http://www.brockvilletourism.com/sub...cfm&CalID=5873

Comment

I'm In

Really looking forward to touring around the Thousand Islands area. Hopefully we will get a chance to see some of the local attractions. I have been through the area but never had the chance to look around.
          The squeeze and I are booked on the main floor. Got the long neglected '79 Special is in my shop now for the remaining work, hope to have it ready by then.
          Looking forward to seeing everybody again.
          Thx BDF
          I May Be Crazy, But I Have A Good Time.

Northern Gypsy - 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Daily rider

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Funk View Post
            Really looking forward to touring around the Thousand Islands area. Hopefully we will get a chance to see some of the local attractions. I have been through the area but never had the chance to look around.
            The squeeze and I are booked on the main floor. Got the long neglected '79 Special is in my shop now for the remaining work, hope to have it ready by then.
            Looking forward to seeing everybody again.
            Thx BDF
            Hi Rick,
            As you may or may not know, we just got the hotel set up on Saturday. Ken has been very busy researching the different locations to get a base set up for our rally. He is working out routes, food and gas stops as we speak. I know this because my email has about a dozen routes for me to look at. Now that we have the hotel booked we can definitely look into some of the attractions in the surrounding area. We did a 1000 island boat cruise back in 2002 when we rallied in Alexandria Bay. That was pretty good. I'm going to contact the tourism office in the area and get them to send me some brochures.

We look forward to seeing you guys too,
            Wayne
            80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Funk View Post
              Thx BDF
              http://www.gratis-webserver.de/1000islandstower/

Hey Rick,
              You'll be able to look around from here, that's for sure.

Wayner
              80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix Rider View Post
                The Hotel offers a deluxe complimentary Canadian Continental breakfast served from 7am – 10am on weekends and from 6am – 9am throughout the week which consists of scrambled eggs, bacon, hot/cold cereal, waffles, bagels, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, toast, fruit and muffins.
                Just to clarify, is this Canadian bacon or regular bacon?
                '79 XS11 F
                Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
                GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Originally posted by WMarshy View Post
                  Just to clarify, is this Canadian bacon or regular bacon?
                  That's a good question. XSNorth is not going to be far from you next summer. Maybe you'll have to ride up and find out.

Wayne
                  80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

decide to keep the bike no matter how i feel and will most likely join you in Brockville !! sounds great ride safe slow mo!!
                    The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
                    moemcnally@hotmail.com
                    i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

Originally posted by slow mo View Post
                      decide to keep the bike no matter how i feel and will most likely join you in Brockville !! sounds great ride safe slow mo!!
                      Hey Mo,
                      That's excellent news. It would be great to see you there.

Wayne
                      80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

Originally posted by slow mo View Post
                        Good news MO!! We'll see how it shakes out for me.

Run with that cat Wayne meow
                        "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                        1981 LH

Comment

Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post
                          Run with that cat Wayne meow
                          Hey Dwayne,
                          There's 2 of us doing the cat this time

Meow right back at ya' Big Guy.

Wayner
                          80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

Update

Just thought I would give everybody an update on what's been going on. Even though the rally is still months away, Ken has been working very hard on creating routes, gas stops, attractions and places for lunch. He has also come up with a fantastic design for t-shirts already. He is currently shopping around to get them printed at the best possible price with the best quality shirts.
                            As you know, we already have a nice location and a great hotel set up. What's missing is the people. Come on out and join us for a great XSNorth Rally.

Thanks,
                            Wayne
                            80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

i can get a quote on decent quality shirts send me the details ride safe Slow mo!
                              The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
                              moemcnally@hotmail.com
                              i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

Working...
                              X