XSNorth 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XSNorth 2012

OK, here we go. I have decided to take the reigns and organize this years XSNorth Rally.
    This year we are in Haliburton, Ontario
    Weekend of June 29, 30, July1. Friday, saturday and sunday.
    Silver Maple Motel. $85.00 + tax= $96.05
    Call 1-705-457-2607. Ray and Gabrielle Gervais.
    Mention XS1100 Group when booking.
    This is the least expensive motel in the area for this time of year. Use Google Street View to see what this place looks like.

Silver Maple Motel
    48 Highland Street
    Haliburton, Ontario.
    K0M1S0

I have a block of 15 rooms reserved, all drive up. All rooms are double accomodations with 2 beds. There is also 4 cabins available for the weekend. Unfortunately the cabins are not air conditoned. Please refer to the website for more details. We also have access to the fire pit behind the motel.
    There is a gas station right beside the motel and there is also a small eatery right at the motel that is open from 7AM to 11PM for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The town of Haliburton is just 3 minutes up the road which has more restaurants and shopping for souvenirs and what ever has been forgotten at home.
    Hamjam and I are in the process of setting up routes with a few details to work out such as gas, food, photo ops. When I get these routes finalized I will post them online.

Hope you can attend,
    Wayne Reddin
    80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

"We are the type of band that if we moved in next door to you...Your lawn would die"
    Lemmy from Motorhead

Good dates Wayne...before the 4th of July holiday...Thinking of making this .....
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
      Good dates Wayne...before the 4th of July holiday...Thinking of making this .....
      Thanks BNE. That would be great. There is some nice roads up there.

Wayne
      80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

"We are the type of band that if we moved in next door to you...Your lawn would die"
      Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

Get a Room

Hi Wayne ,
        I am IN. I have booked a room for all three nights. Motel looks good.
        On the lake and in town. Best of both worlds.

Phil
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

At this point it's on the calender Wayne. May have to choose between this and my Honda pals the weekend before, in Port Carling. Or,,,,maybe, I'll spend the whole week in Canada somehow and make it to both!
          Last edited by DeanR; 01-03-2012, 09:23 AM.
          80 SG
          81 SH in parts
          99 ST1100
          91 ST1100

Comment

just in case anyone,s interested Head lake is famous for muskie fishing good choice in Halliburton ,,ride safe slow mo!
            The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
            moemcnally@hotmail.com
            i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

Originally posted by DeanR View Post
              At this point it's on the calender Wayne. May have to choose between this and my Honda pals the weekend before, in Port Carling. Or,,,,maybe, I'll spend the whole week in Canada somehow and make it to both!
              Hi Dean,
              When it gets closer to the day and you want to stay in Canada, let me know what you decide, maybe we can set something up.

Wayner
              80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

Originally posted by slow mo View Post
                just in case anyone,s interested Head lake is famous for muskie fishing good choice in Halliburton ,,ride safe slow mo!
                The guy who owns the motel said he owns the dock that is there. Maybe we can get our hands on the old Popeil Pocket Fisherman rod Can you imagine pulling in a muskie with one of those? Probably bite your arm off

Wayner
                80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

Hey Dean...I was thinking along a similar vein...OnSTOC then XSNorth...I've got 8 weeks of summer vac't
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Problem Solved!

Hey Dean...I was thinking along a similar vein...OnSTOC then XSNorth...I've got 8 weeks of summer vac't
                    There you go guys. Riding buddies to the rally! Yeah!!

Wayner
                    80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix Rider View Post
                      There you go guys. Riding buddies to the rally! Yeah!!

Wayner
                      depending upon where I am I could possibly hook up with Earl G as well...he has yet to chime in but I'm sure he will...I maybe in NJ visiting friends and relatives prior to the Canadian rallies...
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Hi Dean,
                        i vote for BOTH Lots to do in between.
                        Phil
                        1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

hi BNE,
                          GOOD on all levels.
                          I guess you would have to come on the Honda
                          Phil
                          1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Hi Wayne. Its great that you took the reins and got things started. I was out to dinner with Bruce and the girls last night and Bruce was talking of a short distant rally this year. Not moi! With the trailer soaking up the long miles from the Atlantic, I'm in for any Ontario rally. I'm trying to convince Bruce to do the same and get a trailer or a p.u.

I'll work on Bruce, Dave (who missed last year's) and the young guy who bought my XS last year to come as well. We should finalize everything at the National Bike show in Moncton in early Feb.

Of course, this year I'll have the Blue Bandit! No pulling up last on rides this year.
                            Mark Robertson,

'84 XJ1100 - SOLD
                            '79 XS1100 - SOLD n still going strong
                            '07 Bandit 1250S

Comment

i am in. booked hotel friday,sat,sunday night.

so were are we going ? did not look at map yet. i will find it.

get to see wayne's canada.

see you all there....a
                              80 xs1100G

Comment

Working...
                              X