XSEast12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XSEast12

Group: Sorry to start yet another thread on this subject, but I wanted to have the hotel information available on the first page of the thread for this event.
    A third check of my hotel of choice turned up some issues that I just couldn't work around. Let's just say that you wouldn't be sleeping alone!
    I've found a hotel that fits most of our needs very well. It's cheap, in the boonies (sort of), and there's plenty of dining options and amenities in the area.
    The rate is $59.99+tax per night and you must book before 4-29-12 to receive this rate. Please mention Yamaha XS11 group when you book.

BEST WESTERN Cambridge
    1945 Southgate Pkwy, Cambridge, Ohio 43725-3039
    Phone: 740/439-3581 | Fax: 740/439-1824
    Website here with map:
    http://bestwesternohio.com/hotels/be...tern-cambridge

The next order of business is to come up with a name for this event. A few things to consider: We're in the Buckeye state. The location is along the Johnny Appleseed trail. The area is known for glassworks. There is a big-ass shovel that we will be visiting. There is a game reserve there called The Wilds. Let's see what you guys can come up with!
    Mark

Hooray!
    I'm just WILD about this, you can bet your sweet GLASS, Mr. Johnny Applespeed.

FYI Mark has put a lot of time and effort into getting this off the ground already, so it should be a great time. We had a couple of setbacks, requiring a lot more research and phone calls and all that planning stuff, so give him an electronic pat on the back!
    I'll have preliminary maps of our routes in a few days, have to discuss several options with Mark.
    Anyone know about anything interesting or worrying about the area of SE OH south of Cambridge, particularly any road closings, bridge washouts, cracks in the planet, really special roadside tourist traps / photo ops, etc, sing out!

Oh, and forget the Asylum - they wouldn't give us the group rate without certified sane family members co-signing the agreement... Sorry, I got nothing there.....
    Last edited by MartyA; 11-11-2011, 11:24 PM.
    Marty in NW PA
    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
    This IS my happy face.

Comment

Wow Mark and Marty...Great effort...impressive...expectations are running high...gonna give the motel a call soon..Thanks for all your hard work.
      "X S.E.ast oHIo" My play on words...
      What are the specific dates this weekend is on?
      Last edited by madmax-im; 11-12-2011, 05:40 AM.
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Ok I did find the dates posted in the other XSEast thread...they are ...
        Fri May 25th Ride to Motel
        Sat May 26th 1st dayride
        Sun May 27th 2nd dayride
        Mon May 28th Ride home

Additionally I know a number of ST-Owners who live in Ohio. It might just be a gathering with ST-Owners and that site. Theres a wealth of local knowledge here and it can only enhance our experiences...The ST owners prolly wont compete for rooms at the motel as thery're local...
        Last edited by madmax-im; 11-12-2011, 05:56 AM.
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

So Ben, how the heck do we combine both get togethers? Usually they are a week apart.
          80 SG
          81 SH in parts
          99 ST1100
          91 ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by DeanR View Post
            So Ben, how the heck do we combine both get togethers? Usually they are a week apart.
            I looked at ST-O and the only thing i see is CampSTOC at Balsam NC...nothing in Ohio...so I'll post over there and see what the reaction will be...also dont think this would be anything but an informal get together. Actually CampSTOC is during the same time frame as XSEast...so looking at that thread it doesnt look like too many have signed up for it yet...maybe 10 ppl...thus far
            Last edited by madmax-im; 11-12-2011, 06:05 PM.
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
              Actually CampSTOC is during the same time frame as XSEast...so looking at that thread it doesnt look like too many have signed up for it yet...maybe 10 ppl...thus far
              It is early for the ST people.....

Just thinking ... how many XS11'ers have signed up for XSeast so far?

Aren't we getting off topic?
              Last edited by Huron52; 11-12-2011, 06:40 PM. Reason: OFF topic???????
              Tom
              2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
              gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Well done Mark. Good move starting anew thread with the motel as post #1
                Looking forward to seeing Ohio from an XS
                Phil
                1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

We have reservations at the Best Western, Joy new it was the XS11 group when I gave her the dates, so others must have reserved as well.

We have signed up.

Ted and Heather

Comment

damn I was supposed to be FIRST
                    Phil
                    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Jeez, the Canadians are sure in a hurry....
                      Marty in NW PA
                      Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                      Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                      This IS my happy face.

Comment

Hey it's a form of dealing with the white stuff that's going to come.

Last bike ride was Nov 11 from a job site in Waterloo to Ottawa. The way there was warm reaching 20C. lots of bikes on the road.

Packed up my tools and clothing at 10:55 in cool but sunny weather, went back in to join the Remembrance Service for just a couple of minutes. At 11:15 exited into a snow storm. Snowed from Waterloo to almost Toronto many times with low visibility, cool but clear Toronto to Ottawa.

Bike not put away yet, hoping for a couple more days of usefulness. Will then be left with pinning for the spring.

Comment

I'm new to your forum, but would love to get in on a meet in the spring, without me re-reading a zillion post, could someone let me know the when and where and times of it all, any cost etc, Thanks, I definitely want to attend as long as I have my bike ready, And I live in northeast Ohio, heck, only about an hour and a half from Cambridge. Thanks! Rich. (and you can pm/email so as not to continuously fill up the new post with redundant post or point me to a thread already contains all the info)
                          81 XS1100H

Comment

Looking foward.
                            78E ... Gone but not forgotten
                            2006 Kawasaki Concours....just getting to know it

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
                              I'm new to your forum, but would love to get in on a meet in the spring, without me re-reading a zillion post, could someone let me know the when and where and times of it all, any cost etc, Thanks, I definitely want to attend as long as I have my bike ready, And I live in northeast Ohio, heck, only about an hour and a half from Cambridge. Thanks! Rich. (and you can pm/email so as not to continuously fill up the new post with redundant post or point me to a thread already contains all the info)
                              no cost to attend. all the rest of the info is in this thread
                              "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                              1981 LH

Comment

Working...
                              X