Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owl's Head Antique Motorcycle Festival - 9/1/02

Fellow Northeasters -

On September 1 (Labor Day weekend) the Owl's Head Transportation Museum in Rockland, Maine, is holding their annual

Antique Motorcycle Festival

It looks like a natural for a Northeast XSive rendezvous. I've kicked it around with the Nova Scotians and they're up for it. Anyone else?

Bill
    Bill K.
    1985 Yamaha XJ700 Maxim
    1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer

John Iris, Big Ed and I went there a couple of years ago, it was fun.... and quite a nice ride from NH.
    Keyboard not found, hit <F1> to continue

Comment

I see I will be tied up with work.....sorry can't make it. Sounds very cool though.....

Gary
      Gary Granger
      Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
      2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Labor Day Weekend

Hey Bill,
        Thanx for the invite, but things here look pretty busy for that weekend, sorry but I doubt Bruce & I can get away but hey, you never know !
        Love your new avatar ...the animation is gr8 did you make it yourself ?
        Hope all's well there, the gr8 north !

Ciao 4 now,
        Deb

Comment

Re: Labor Day Weekend

LadyBar10der wrote:
          ...I doubt Bruce & I can get away...
          Well, maybe another time. It's kind of short notice and I only just realized that it's going on. I like the notion of planning a get-together around another planned event like the MC show. Makes for built-in entertainment!
          Love your new avatar ...the animation is gr8 did you make it yourself ?
          I'm not that clever... glad someone else was! I just did a little searching for MC related animated GIFS. This one was a little big, so I used Animation Shop to size it to 65x65 for the avatar.

Bill
          Bill K.
          1985 Yamaha XJ700 Maxim
          1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer

Comment

It looks as if you can count on me and Bruce. Danny Hennigar,(Honorary XSive) is interested too. There's a fellow at work that sort of interested but I would not put much hope on him coming.

I just have to keep my calendar free.
            Mark Robertson,

'84 XJ1100 - SOLD
            '79 XS1100 - SOLD n still going strong
            '07 Bandit 1250S

Comment

Accomodations

Bill,

That avatar is not a very good likeness of you; must represent a younger you But, I digress.

Since you seem to be the lead for the Owl's Head rally and since you live in Maine, maybe you can dig around and find out what accomodations are available in the area. Bruce and I and possibly Danny would like to share a nice, clean but not too expensive motel or cabin for Saturday and Sunday nights. Camping is definitely out.

I suspect that vacancies will be scarce and so we best make reservations ASAP.

Cheers,
              Mark Robertson,

'84 XJ1100 - SOLD
              '79 XS1100 - SOLD n still going strong
              '07 Bandit 1250S

Comment

Working...
              X