Jul31-Aug01 Lexington VA Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jul31-Aug01 Lexington VA Ride

My son and I will be riding around Rockbridge County this weekend out of Lexington VA (home of VMI) as a possible venue for XSEast.

I've come up with two loops of around 200 miles, though we probably won't ride the entire loop. We gotta get there and home.

I expect we'll arrive in Staunton around lunch time, ride part of the western loop then overnight in Lexington. On Sun morning ride some of the eastern loop then head home.

If anyone will be in the area it would be great to ride with you.
    Darrell
    78E
    80G project
    06FJR

Wish I could hook up with you guys Take care and enjoy!
    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
    1981 LH

Comment

Hi Darrell Have a good ride. I look foerward to hearing how your research goes. Could be a good location for XSEast.
      Phil
      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

loops

Hey Darrel Hope you get your bike only has a simple problem to fix. What are the two loops that you have on your mind? From my house to Lexington is in the 1 hour neighborhood. I am pretty well familiar with most of the area as I go around there fairly often and maybe could help you with them. I like Rt 39 thru Goshen Pass into WV pretty well and there are several ways to loop it.
        POTTS CREEK EXPRESS

IF YOU AINT THE LEAD DOG
        THE VIEW IS ALWAYS THE SAME
        1980 G Full Dresser

Comment

vanHump,

Chris and I did a loop from Staunton on 250 to Green Bank, down 92 and back to Goshen on 39. I found that 250 and 39 had plenty of twisties but 92 ran more or less straight thru the valleys. Do you know of any three digit routes between 250 and 39?

We never did explore our eastern route. That would’ve been Lexington to Bedford on 56, then to Eagle Rock then to Lexington on 43 and 220.

With all the rain we decided to head back Sat evening. My bike died on I-81 at mile 260 and I coasted into the rest stop there.
          Darrell
          78E
          80G project
          06FJR

Comment

Darrell, I will try to get some numbers to you this week. Probably PM them
            POTTS CREEK EXPRESS

IF YOU AINT THE LEAD DOG
            1980 G Full Dresser

Comment

Looks like 600, the next north-south west of 220 would be interesting.
              Darrell
              78E
              80G project
              06FJR

Comment

I have to get a map and see if I can see the rd. you are talking about. 600 roads are single lane roads. I can't think of any roads that actually parallel 220 on either side from Roanoke to Monterey for much distance.
                POTTS CREEK EXPRESS

IF YOU AINT THE LEAD DOG
                1980 G Full Dresser

Comment

Darrell Up at the N. B. exit there is a motel and a place to eat. That have a good rate and food is good. Brent ,Rochelle, and I have stayed there.
                  Ralph

Comment

Ralph,

BY NB you mean Natural Bridge? You recall the name of said motel/eatery?

There's also a petting zoo on the other side of I-81. That would be a hoot on motorcycles.
                    Darrell
                    78E
                    80G project
                    06FJR

Comment

Yes the budget inn and the pink cadallic

Comment

Working...
                      X