Who's Gonna host XS East 2004 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Gonna host XS East 2004 ???

Deb & I were wondering who is going to host the "official" XS East Rally for 2004 and where it'll be held, so those of us who need to make vacation plans and reservations early can do so. We know from last year we need an early start on this.

Now the ball is in the court, so let's "Play ball !"
    (who wants to play ??)

Looking forward to many replys to this thread !!

XSively,
    Bruce & Deb
    Bruce Gerken
    '79 XS1100SF
    "The Black"
    '2009 BMW k1300GT'
    The Red Sled.
    St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

hi in new at this fill me in please im interested peace be with you and God bless
    may you keep the shinny side up

Comment

i just notice your from up state n.y. me to just living in central pa
      may you keep the shinny side up

Comment

Bruce,

Two options on the table now, one in Canada (we decided to have the Canadian XSive's look into a place to host it since many of them didn't want to venture much further south) at this years XS East. Mike Cummings has also said he wants to set up a West Virginia ride 'sometime around' Memorial Day. Sooo.....I am not sure whats up, some think May is too early in the Great White North. We had two this year XS East and XS Northeast, so looks like we may have two next year as well. Any other comments?
        Gary Granger
        Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
        2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

I wouldn't mind two gatherings in the East / Northeast. WV should not be any worse than PA on US Memorial Day. And that is not a holiday in Canada, so if the Canadians arrange a different weekend than Memorial day that might get more of the Canadians to that one. And it might be cooler later in the summer, depending where we go.

I like the WV idea. I don't think there is any place in WV that would be bad, although I have only been to Blackwater Falls / Canaan Valley area once a few years ago. I remember the roads well paved and not too straight.

Thinking out loud...
          Marty in NW PA
          Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
          Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
          This IS my happy face.

Comment

any interest for "the County " ?
            I checked out some very nice roads and eateries and a couple of places to stay late June /early july or early Sept. are good for motel price breaks
            Jim
            http://www.quinte.on.ca/sites/map.htm
            Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
            Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
            and SOXS
            2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

Originally posted by hamjam
              any interest for "the County " ?
              I checked out some very nice roads and eateries and a couple of places to stay late June /early july or early Sept. are good for motel price breaks
              Jim
              http://www.quinte.on.ca/sites/map.htm
              It's nice you got all 3 threads with the same post, I think I will only answer one!!

It sounds like WV may be an option for an Early XS event on the traditional US Memorial Day weekend. (6-8 hours from my place) I would also love to check out 'the County' it looks awesome (Only 2 or so hours from my house), but looks like you guys should pick a date that may be more favorable for Canadians, either way I am there! OK, Now we have an XS Northeast event proposed again this year. This I figure is a bonus at only 10 hours from the house......Let's pick some dates I will try and get hold of Mike and let him know that we need some specifics to get this event off the ground. Jim...you continue to work on a date and place that works for you guys. Mitch...just make sure it does not happen the same weekend as Hammy's event or it will cut the amount of people coming to either one. I will just plan on 3 events!! My job is easy!!
              Gary Granger

Comment

Hi Gary,
                We think that's great ! One in the spring, one in the summer, and one in the fall !
                Our question is who's going to host these rallies ??
                Let's do it !!
                Speaking of this fall, all's I need is 2 new tires and I'm ready to go !! Come on Oct 16th !!

XSively,
                Bruce & Deb
                Bruce Gerken
                '79 XS1100SF
                "The Black"
                '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                The Red Sled.
                St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

Bruce,

My ride is ready, my trailer is ready, I am ready...whats up with this calender thing....I am just waiting for Oct.
                  Gary Granger

Comment

Oct ??????????

ok I was thinking of the county first Sat. in July because thereis also a very large Indian motorcycle show in the area as well BUt not all is in place as yet So when is XSNE and XSE

Jim
                    Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
                    Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
                    and SOXS
                    2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

October is the 'Classic Yamaha Weekend" in Suches GA...me and Bruce are going. Sorry sort of off-topic First Saturday in July sounds good especially if there is a cool motorcycle show to go see.......
                      Gary Granger

Comment

rallies

I have put some new info about the east rally on the forum . Hoping to hold mine on the 16 ,17,18,19 of july if thats not good let me know. I can do it a week later if it is more convenient. sorry about the spelling .lol.................MITCH
                        Doug Mitchell
                        82 XJ1100 sold
                        2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
                        2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
                        1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
                        47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

Mitch...get with Hamjam and figure out the what and when. With two Canianian rallys planned I think you guys should seperate them by more than 1 week. But it really does not matter to me, I will take time off for both.
                          Gary Granger

Comment

I'm in Hamjam. Send details so we can make plans.
                            Madbiker
                            80 Midnight Sp.

Comment

No Problem

Guys, im very flexable i could hold mine the first week of august if need be. sounds like hamjams got a good bike show goin up his way. If the members down this way would give me a little input i will schedule it to suit the majority. Hope to hear from some of u guys soon with your thoughts for the best dates. ..........MITCH
                              Doug Mitchell
                              82 XJ1100 sold
                              2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
                              2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
                              1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
                              47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

Working...
                              X