Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attn Ontario Riders Dean R/Laxdad is down!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn Ontario Riders Dean R/Laxdad is down!!!

http://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87344
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Ben I am here with Big Daddy Funk a few hours south of Sudbury and he will pick Dean up and drive him down to the boarder. Message me and I will give you his number.

James
    BDF Special
    80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
    Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Comment

Update: the guys at ST-Owners have the situation well in hand so Thanks for your offers but they wont be needed at this time...you can follow the thread in progress as I posted the link. Dean is ok but real sore...hasnt tried to walk yet and maybe staying another night...The ST-Owners rescue team is on standby...ready to extract Dean and his scrap heap of a bike. Being a holiday week end things are looking a little slow today...Thanks for the offer Tinman and BDF
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Sounds like it all is handled. Salute to all on the fine support. Couldn't find a better group of folks on either forum.
        1980 XS1100LG Midnight
        1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
        A quick death and an easy one.
        A pretty girl and an honest one.
        A cold beer and another one!

Comment

Sorry to hear about Dean. Hopefully nothing is broke like some other guy I know. Bikes are easier and cheaper to fix. Get home and get better Dean!!

Comment

Hey Ben, I followed along a little at the ST forum over the weekend, I saw they were handling things. Could you post over there that we offer our best wishes? I would have driven right up but Sally and I were at XS North. We are back now.

Can you let them (and him) know I am available any time with a pickup and can ride anywhere to pick him up or take him anywhere and can haul his trailer to / from Canada if needed.
            Marty in NW PA
            Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
            Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
            This IS my happy face.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyA View Post
              Hey Ben, I followed along a little at the ST forum over the weekend, I saw they were handling things. Could you post over there that we offer our best wishes? I would have driven right up but Sally and I were at XS North. We are back now.

Can you let them (and him) know I am available any time with a pickup and can ride anywhere to pick him up or take him anywhere and can haul his trailer to / from Canada if needed.
              Sure thing Marty...The link to that ST-Owners thread is ongoing...so far he's till in Sudbury...Really dont know all of the details but it does look like his bike is totaled...so i dunno if they'll bring it back or not...chances are they wont...i will copy your and paste it into that thread...
              Sure hope you all hadf a great XSNorth...I'm sorry to have missed it...The heat would have done me in for sure...You all might think about changing the date either a week earlier or later thus avoiding the holiday logjams...
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Hi BNE,
                Please pass on my best wishes to Dean. I see th ST owners are jumping in with assitance. Keep posting updates for us.
                We missed you at XSNorth.
                Thanks
                Phil
                1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Hi Phil I too am sorry to have missed XSNorth...If you click on the link i provided you can follow along as the thread is ongoing...ST-Owners have an extensive network of riders throughout N.America...He is in good hands. Between this forum and ST-O there really aren't any better groups of people to go to when in need of help.
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I was taking to Dean on Friday

I was just talking to Dean last friday - he called me before he got on the boat in Tobermory. I was going to show him around friday night & maybe ride to Espanola with him on Sat. morn. Long story - hit a deer & had to by a meet a dealer with a vehicle on friday night then had to go to dinner function. I gave him info on a camping spot in Mindemoya & told him of a local dinner that was open at 6:00 in morning so he could get breakfest early & be on his way. I had numerous last minute other functions on the wknd & couldn't get away. Man alive, Glad to here Dean is getting better. I have been very busy at work & just got back on the site today & noticed this post. Life has many turns. - Dan
                    '81 XS1100 LH - Midnight Special - been lookin' a long time for this one.
                    1179 big bore kit, 80SG motor
                    Rebuilt head, valves
                    TC Bros Forward Controls (Brass Pegs)
                    Tkat Fork Brace
                    T.C. Spade Fuse Box
                    Dyna Coils & wires
                    Mikesxs shocks,controls,& bars (special)
                    ISO grips with stelleto ends
                    4 into 1 black Bassani exhaust
                    Bridgestone Spitfires
                    Tuned by Tinman905
                    & a will to keep it.

Comment

Hi guys. Thanks so much for having picked up on this and the offers of help. I love the motorcycling community!!!
                      Am awed at the caring and willingness to help. I've always been well aware of this, but it's amazing when you're on the receiving end.

My ST/(FJR) friends took control and got me home in good shape. They were fantastic every step of the way. My "perfect bike" is a different story. It's sitting in Canada unrepairable and I'm sittin' here trying to come to terms with stuff and with not being in the middle of a 5 thousand mile trip.

Anyway, did I say I love the motorcycling community? and the friends I have made.

Russ, by the way, C7 fracture....

Dean
                      Last edited by DeanR; 07-11-2010, 02:27 PM.
                      80 SG
                      81 SH in parts
                      99 ST1100
                      91 ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by DeanR View Post

Russ, by the way, C7 fracture....

Dean
                        Ohoooo, ouch! Glad your home, mostly intact.

Comment

Working...
                        X