XS West Virginia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS West Virginia

West Virginia sounds great for a get together! Anyone consider the New River Gorge area, around Fayettville, Summersville Lake!
    This area is spectacular! Would be nice May, June, July, or even in Fall when leaves are changing! Lots of things to do here!

Count me in!
    RideSafeRideOften
    79F "XSive NOEY"

Count me in on any Rally in WV. I agree the Gorge area, around summersville lake would be ideal. That area is breathtaking, and those Twisty Roads are second to none.
    Bill Woods
    1981 Yamaha XS1100SH (Eleven Special)
    1985 Kawasuki GS425 Mojave ATV
    2006 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4 ATV

Comment

Sounds like a good location that we would be interested in. If it's going to be on Memorial Day weekend, we should make lodging reservations as soon as possible.
      Bill Murrin
      Nashville, TN
      1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
      1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
      2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
      2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
      1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
      2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Comment

WV Twister Rally for Memorial Day of 2004, Offcial information at last.

Mike Cummings has asked me to post the following information about this event.

Hi All,
        It appears that the dates will be the 28th of May thru the 31st of May, this is Friday thru Monday.__ It should not be much more than a 1/2 to full day ride for most riders East of Mississippi.__
        I have about 4 positive replies already.
        _
        There are plenty of Accomdations with nice 2 and 3 bedroom cabins, rooms in the lodge and camping._The prices seem real good to me.
        I will be at the Camping with my Motor Home if I still have it by then, or I will share a Cabin with one or more riders.
        Let me know your intentions.
        Also, all Bikes are invited, Bob in Chi Town got a HD and he can come too!

Hope to see you all there, as it will be the Best Riding that you have ever had, unless you have ridden WVA before then it will be a repeat only on different roads._ Most of the more challenging rides will be on County Roads but the second levels will be on State and US routes._ I will have more than four routes to choose from and various distances can be accomplished._ Most of the ride I have done were 225 to 275 per day.

See Ya, Mike C,
        Gary Granger
        Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
        2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Website for state park for rally.

Gary and Others,

Find below the Web Site for the West Virginia State Park were I plan to set up the WV Twister Rally for Memorial Day of 2004.
          I have ridden in this area many times and have some Butt Kick Routes that I will set up for all to ride._ I will have various routes to choose from, all are Twisters but some will be more challenging than other.
          Please go to the site and check it out.
          Please forward this on to the group and have anyone that is interested send me an e-mail. mrcummings@ameritech.net

I am sure No One will be disappointed, the Park has everything and there are a couple of nice little towns near by, plus Parkersburg is just a hop away.

Once I get an idea on the number of those that are interested we can go from there.

Whoops, forgot the Web Site,_ North Bend State Park, http://www.northbendsp.com

Thanks Mike C, in Columbus, Ohio.
          Gary Granger

Comment

Hi Gary,

The manager of accomodations and group deals called me a few mintues ago.
            She is very supportive._ She indicated that she can block rooms and cabins etc._ But, the group needs to make Reservations early as after the 1st of the year Memorial Day Weekend will get booked very quickly.

Maybe you can post the information on the XS Web Site and give them my e-mail and the Web Site.

I told her that each individual would be making their own reservations but that they would mention the Yamaha XS11 Group or the XS11 Memorial Day Rally._

Let me know what's up, Rick Jemmison is on and OK for the run already._ Thus, we have at least 3 of us to start.

Mike C,
            Gary Granger

Comment

Ok I am making reservations right now and found that..there are NO cabins left. that basically leaves the lodge rooms at $70 a night for double occ (each room has two twin beds). Right now there are 24 lodge rooms left. These are just like motel rooms from the sounds of it. Call in now to reserve your room!!'
              Gary Granger

Comment

Thanks Gary ,Tracy and I got a room already. Thanks for the heads up on the rooms.
                Ralph Waltman
                80Midnight Sp
                "Evil Mistress"

Comment

Just got off the phone with the lodge. The room is booked! It is a go for Darlene and myself.
                  Tom
                  2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
                  gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

rainbowshooter and I will be there. Got a room. By the way, they told me that the room is for two, but if we add another it is an additional $6.00, if we tell them.
                    Marty in NW PA
                    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                    This IS my happy face.

Comment

Working...
                    X