XS Spring Run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS Spring Run?

Mike Cummings wants to put together a run this spring in West Virginia and wanted me ask if there any interest. He is looking at the Harrisville area, a state park with a lodge, that has rooms and also cabins and stuff.
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

so would this be xs east2004 ??
    Jim
    Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
    Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
    and SOXS
    2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

I'm in.
      Marty in NW PA
      Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
      Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
      This IS my happy face.

Comment

Interested? Why Yes!!!!

Would it be the long American weekend in May?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Jim

Did a very very short ride through eastern Ontario and the roads are XScellent

But I think we, you, us, who ever should plan for a ride/ rally more into July. When us in the northern area fully understand that the frost and snow ( there is the four letter word that Gary loves so much) I am sure that we can convince some people to come north

What I am suggesting and only suggesting that XS east should somewhere , where it is warm. Then have another one in July in Canada.

Tom
        2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
        gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Duh!! ok did you have a nice trip?
          Phillip and I are headed for 'the County' , that lump of land below Belleville, in 2 weeks to check it out for later. it has some really nice roads and 'stuff' like the abandoned aircraft hangers used as movie sets (great photo op) I think this is an easier place to get more 'Murricans' to than Bancroft at least for a starting place
          it is 205 miles starting at Belleville then meandering up to Bancroft and back , there are some faboulous roads around Bancroft, a three hour cruise comes to mind, I hope you rode on some of the ones I sent to you so that would be a 4 hr ride to lunch then the same home OR a ride around the County about 110 mi. then a stop at Shannonville racetrack (Motorcycles)if any thing is happening ........ how does that sound?
          Jim
          Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
          Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

and SOXS
          2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

Originally posted by hamjam
            so would this be xs east2004 ??
            Jim
            I really don't know, Mike just called me up and said that he went riding in this area and has 3 or 4 rides already mapped out and thinks it would be a great place to have a rally. He wants to do this and I don't have anything to do with it. He just wanted to to post and see if anyone would be interested. If you want you can call it XSWest (Virginia) . If you have a rally in Canada we can call it XS Canada, XS East, XS Eastern Ontario. I don't care, I will go to both (unless they are the same weekend) Mike was talking about May and said maybe on Memorial weekend...I told him this was the usual date for XS East. I did mention that we were planning on putting a Canadian rally together for XSEast, but he didn't seem to interested.
            Gary Granger

Comment

I think Canada Would be great in july. I'm off the week of the 4th already for vac. was tring to decide where to go any way sounds good to tracy and I.
              Ralph Waltman
              80 Midnight Sp.

Comment

spring ride

im there
                may you keep the shinny side up

Comment

any interest for "the County " ?
                  I checked out some very nice roads and eateries and a couple of places to stay late June /early july or early Sept. are good for motel price breaks
                  Jim
                  http://www.quinte.on.ca/sites/map.htm
                  Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
                  Niimi Moozhwaagan

and SOXS
                  2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

Looks like we have our road captain! Eh?
                    Marty in NW PA
                    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                    This IS my happy face.

Comment

Like I said before,I'm off the week of july 4th .You name it Tracy and I will try to be there.
                      Ralph Waltman
                      80 Midnight Sp.

l

Comment

It sounds like so much fun, but Memorial weekend is the worst weekend for me to make plans! It is SHMBO's birthday that weekend so...........She said "NO"
                        maybe my luck will change when I am done with here first bike
                        the 84 VX700 Virago!
                        Bill Woods
                        1981 Yamaha XS1100SH (Eleven Special)
                        1985 Kawasuki GS425 Mojave ATV
                        2006 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4 ATV

Comment

Hi boys and girls I am planning a ride on the July long weekend Fri. the 2 to the 5 Th. in Prince Edward County Ontario known as ‘The County’
                          http://www.quinte.on.ca/sites/map.htm

I have some rides chosen, my BIL the racer will be along with his Bandit for any that feel the need for speed , I prefer to see the world around me , so I will be going at a more leisurely pace I personally checked a number of good eateries in the area and can state we will not starve Saturday is as well ‘Charly Mahoneys Indian Motorcycle day and car show’ which is a slight ride north to Campbellford for those interested and or possibly the air museum in Trenton to see the ongoing restoration of a Halifax bomber
                          I have made contact with the owners of the Sportsman motel http://www.pec.on.ca/sportsman/index.html who would be interested in having us as a group IF we can guarantee booking 3 day weekend with them as well there are other motels /inns in the neighborhood of Picton which is our base camp such as The Tip of the Bay http://www.reach.net/~tip/ and the Picton Harbour inn
                          http://www.pec.on.ca/pictonharbourinn/ and an interesting spot Fosters , http://www.fostersfishing.com/ who would be willing to rent small trailers and have them circled around a central firepit because this is a long weekend for both countries booking early is imperitive
                          Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
                          Niimi Moozhwaagan

and SOXS
                          2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

Jim,

Are you looking for input as to what accomadations people want? If so I like the motel but then you probably can't have a campfire. So if you need a campfire and some peple will tent then the "http://www.fostersfishing.com/ who would be willing to rent small trailers and have them circled around a central firepit" Seems like a logical choice. Anyway let's see what others say. I guess it is important to settle on a place quickly so reservations can be made. Anybody have comments on any of the proposed places?
                            Gary Granger

Comment

yes any input would be most appreciated . Phil and I like the motel , it has a couple of gas grills out front that we can use , ( circle the camp grill ? ) and it's closer to restaraunts, pubs and stuff but I wanted to offer a bit of choice before deciding any questions or comments would be appreciated
                              thanks
                              jim
                              Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
                              Niimi Moozhwaagan

and SOXS
                              2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

Working...
                              X