Two-Forks Long Island Run 5/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two-Forks Long Island Run 5/16

My Brother Rob just picked up a 2010 Bonneville T100 and he needed to 'break it in' so of course I offered to 'help'

Gotta love the retro style combined with modern engineering. I've always been fond of the Bonnies and I've lusted after them as long as I can remember. The 865 cc's give it a bit more punch than the old 750's though.

Rob connected with this group called 'Long Island Riders' on the web at meetup.com. I tagged along on a ride a couple of weeks ago and they were a good bunch, so I organized this Two-Forks run. It's a fun scenic and twisty one that my bro an I have done a few times.

The weather was perfect and traffic was light. After an obligatory stop at 'The Big Duck' we proceeded to lunch in Greenport at the marina, which was PACKED with bikes, then onto the North Ferry to Shelter Island. At the South end of the Island we hopped the South Ferry to Sag Harbor for an ice cream break, then West and home. About 140 mi ride.

We WILL be doing this again, so anyone in the area keep an eye out for the next one and join in.

Originally posted by randy View Post
    My Brother Rob just picked up a 2010 Bonneville T100 and he needed to 'break it in' so of course I offered to 'help'
    Nice one, Randy! Say, what's that red-lookin' antique bike in the pics with all the modern cruisers and squid bikes?

Regards,

Scott
    -- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Randy...This looks like a great ride through my childhood home area...I have not been back on the island since about 1985...so if I was up there I'd join you on this run.Your brother's Triumph looks pretty cool too...there is something about a bike that you can see its motor!
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Hey, Ben. Yeah, the riding here is pretty flat, but if you stick to the shore points it makes for some scenic runs. Funny, between Rob's Bonnie and my XS, the other guys couldn't figure out which one was the older

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
          Hey, Ben. Yeah, the riding here is pretty flat, but if you stick to the shore points it makes for some scenic runs. Funny, between Rob's Bonnie and my XS, the other guys couldn't figure out which one was the older

Now thats funny...Yeah there are parts of Long Island that have some hills but its mostly flat....I was born in New Hyde park and grew up in Huntington.
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
          X