Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible XS East 2003 site

Hey Fellow XSives,
    A few of us XSer's are planning on heading to Wellsboro, PA on July 12th & 13th to the Grand Canyon resort to check it out for XS East 2003 Rally. Anyone interested in joining us please email me @ gerkenbruce@hotmail.com. We're planning on meeting @ the resort between 7 & 8 PM on Friday July 12th.
    Hope to see a few of you there !
    Ride Safely !!
    Bruce Gerken
    '79 XS1100SF
    "The Black"
    '2009 BMW k1300GT'
    The Red Sled.
    St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

i'd love to go bruce, but i'd already made plans for the weekend.
    - dan
    - thinker57@lycos.com
    - SF/H/E/HD "Stray Bullet"

Comment

PA weekend

NP Dan,
      I just got info that this weekend may not b good due 2 a Bluegrass Festival in the local area ! I'll talk 2 Bruce @ lunchtime.
      If dates get changed, I'll b sure 2 send u info ! Or just check here 4 new posts !
      Ride safe!
      Deb

Comment

What do U think ?

Hey Fellow XSives,
        This post goes out to those of you who were planning to ride to Grand Canyon PA this weekend, I received info from "Highlander" about a Bluegrass Festival scheduled for that area this weekend, I have sent email to the resort, about needing some rooms for Friday night, but have received no confirmation as to whether or not they have space available. I am planning on calling John ASAP to find out if rooms are available. I will post messages here & on old sites for those interested.
        Keeping my fingers crossed they have space.

Ciao 4 now,
        Deb A.

Comment

New Info On July 12th Weekend

Hey XSives,
          I just got off the phone with John from Grand Canyon Resort & Campground, as of today He has rooms available for Friday July 12th, he suggested if you are planning on meeting this weekend you contact him @
          GRAND CANYON MOTEL RESORT & CAMPGROUND

570-724-4774

and make reservations ASAP by phone, no charges will be applied to credit cards until you check in.

Romm rates can be found @ their site
          http://www.pagrandcanyonresort.com/

Ride safely !

Deb A.

Comment

Bruce's Reservation made

Hey XSer's,
            I just made reservations for Bruce @ the Grand Canyon Resort. I spoke with Dena G. earlier & she too has a room booked, their scheduled to meet @ Exit 8 (Whitney Point) off I-81 on Friday evening @ 5PM or there abouts. Anyone interested in joining them can meet there as well.
            Most likely they'll plan to take I-81 to NY 17 west to around Corning,NY then 15 south to 660/6 west to Wellsboro. This has route NOT be a verified, this only my educated guess .
            If you plan on hooking up with them some place along the way, please post so we know who to expect & where to look for them along the way.

Ride Safely,
            Deb A.

Comment

I may be able to meet yins at the motel, but I can't stay. Have a dice run to help out with here on Saturday. Maybe just say HI.
              Marty in NW PA
              Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
              Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
              This IS my happy face.

Comment

OH yeah, and if you would like some road reports, I have in the last several years ridden most of the roads between there and McKean county at one time or another.

Three years ago I rode up the western side of the canyon. Bad road, nice view, dirt pull off areas, lady in a small camper selling hot dogs and cokes for $2. Last year I rode up the eastern side. Longer road, nice parking lot, gift shop, walking around area, nice view.
                Marty in NW PA
                This IS my happy face.

Comment

Back from the canyon!

Dena got back safely last night, around dark........had plenty of maps and tourist info. She may post a report here so I won't do it now.......
                  Gary Granger
                  Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
                  2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Grand Canyon PA

Just thought I'd show ya what you're in for when you visit the Canyon. My new avatar was from a pic taken on our trip to the Canyon the weekend of the July 13th.
                    I'll post more pics soon.

Bruce
                    Bruce Gerken
                    '79 XS1100SF
                    "The Black"
                    '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                    The Red Sled.
                    St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

Canyon Rides Planned

I just received an email from Highlander listing 3 different rides he's got in the works for the Grand Canyon area. If need be the itineraries can be posted for voting upon. Unless you'd rather play things by ear.
                      My favorite is Route 144,a ride here is a "must ride"
                      I'll be posting more as I get info, and promise to upload pics from the 13th real soon !

Ride Safely,
                      Bruce Gerken
                      '79 XS1100SF
                      "The Black"
                      '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                      The Red Sled.

Comment

Bruce
                        If thats where were going next year , I'm in . Was there years ago when the kids were little. Nice place to ride .

madbiker
                        80 midnight special

Comment

Bruce
                          Are you planing a fall trip there this year?
                          Madbiker
                          Midnight Special

Comment

A ride in early October to see the leaves changing in the canyon would be neet!
                            Highlander

Comment

If I recall the lower part of 144 below 120 through Sproul is 45 mph the whole way, a little bumpy, but miles of tree lined road. Rt. 287 south from Wellsboro is just about as straight as it looks on the map.

Rt 120 is a nice ride along the river, between Emporium and Lock Haven. If you come a little east, you can't miss Rt. 555. If you want a peg dragging contest, that is the road, and there have been lots of elk sightings between there and Stephenson Dam. Unfortunately it is only 25 miles long.

And of course most of Rt. 6 in that area is nice. 1987 Harley Davidson "50 Best."

Let me know when you are coming down. Glad to meet up and ride.
                              Marty in NW PA
                              This IS my happy face.

Comment

Working...
                              X