XSNorth 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XSNorth 2010

Not worthy or ready but they keep bugging me so here we go with XSNorth 2010 Current plan is to head for the East side of Georgian Bay and explore the roads of the Muskoka region. WHEN I hear you all cry
    Maxim Phil
    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Okay that was me.

And I wasn't crying, I was wining.

Firstly, I second the motion for Muskoka area.
    Secondly, the first long weekend of July (Canada July 1st/ USA July 4th) sounded like a good time for it.
    Thirdly, I'd like to nominate Huron52 (Tom) as route planner.
    Fourthly, I would be willing to take the abuse for T shirts this year unless Hamjam is still up for the job. ( WARNING!!! I still want a Tshirt that says Monkee Butt Rally on it somewhere)
    Fifthly, I nominate MaximPhil to find food and lodgings
    Sixthly, let me know if I can help out in any way besides pestering.
    Seventhly, I plan on attending.

As you can see, I've hardly been putting any thinking into this at all.
    Rick
    I May Be Crazy, But I Have A Good Time.

Northern Gypsy - 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Daily rider

Comment

Hi Rick,
      I knew you would be first That is a long list but I will try and do my part. Muskoka Monkey Butt Rally has a nice ring now that you mention it
      Phil
      1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Right on fellas...let me see where is Muskoka?...Google is my friend..LOL...Granted its a longshot for me this year...but we'll see
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

so far, with the current list of respondees, I'd consider changing the rally name to Muskoka Monkey Face Rally......

Sally and I are in!
          Marty in NW PA
          Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
          Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
          This IS my happy face.

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
            Right on fellas...let me see where is Muskoka?...Google is my friend..LOL...Granted its a longshot for me this year...but we'll see

If you want to google, use Huntsville Ontario as a idea. It is a good hike once you cross the border. And the roads are,... well ok.
            Tom
            2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
            gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Originally posted by MartyA View Post
              so far, with the current list of respondees, I'd consider changing the rally name to Muskoka Monkey Face Rally......

Sally and I are in!
              Nice to see you responding!
              Tom
              2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
              gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Originally posted by Huron52 View Post
                If you want to google, use Huntsville Ontario as a idea. It is a good hike once you cross the border. And the roads are,... well ok.
                Thanks Tom...its only about 975 miles(one way) according to Google which is always in error when it comes to their mileage calculations. Most likely I wont be coming this year...especially if I am working...just not enough time...
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                  Thanks Tom...its only about 975 miles(one way) according to Google which is always in error when it comes to their mileage calculations. Most likely I wont be coming this year...especially if I am working...just not enough time...
                  ya got a place to stay here if'n you need it
                  Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
                  Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
                  and SOXS
                  2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

Thanks Jim...I do appreciate that...It really depends on if I am working..if I am then theres no way i would have the time...on top of that theres a chance I might not make the XSEast rally... but thats for another thread.
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

allentown to huntsville----570 miles----10 hours,22 minutes----xs north------yes i am in
                      80 xs1100G

Comment

Originally posted by earl G View Post
                        allentown to huntsville----570 miles----10 hours,22 minutes----xs north------yes i am in
                        Earl... Huntsville is just a suggestion for calculating mileage not yet the set location...but by my calculations is only 975 miles for me (one way)
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by earl G View Post
                          Hi Earl,
                          Thank you for your interest. More pressure to get this organized
                          I expect you could shave off the 22 minutes
                          Phil
                          1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Firstly, I second the motion for Muskoka area.
                            I agree, fine neighborhood. Besides if it rains we can all huddle in Huron52's living room and drink beer and tell lies...

Secondly, the first long weekend of July (Canada July 1st/ USA July 4th) sounded like a good time for it.
                            I agree if'n you guys have fireworks.

Thirdly, I'd like to nominate Huron52 (Tom) as route planner.
                            Good also. Just keep us out of Quebec. I know only 3 words in French and they wouldn't like any of them!

Fourthly, I would be willing to take the abuse for T shirts this year unless Hamjam is still up for the job.
                            Even if you don't wear a T-shirt, we'll happily abuse ya, Big Daddy!

Fifthly, I nominate MaximPhil to find food and lodgings
                            Is this a good idea? He only has one requirement - "Do you serve beer?" Phil says "After enough beer sleep comes naturally....."

Sixthly, let me know if I can help out in any way besides pestering.
                            Seventhly, I plan on attending.
                            As you can see, I've hardly been putting any thinking into this at all.
                            Rick

yada yada yada.......

Marty in NW PA
                            Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                            Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                            This IS my happy face.

Comment

Hi Marty,
                              We have already got Huron 52 working on routes. His house is miles from Muskoka so no beers on his patio. I have started to look for accomodation and so far all too expensive $135 per night is too rich for my meagre income. Yes we will make something happen. Goodto see so many people want to come already.
                              Phil
                              1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Working...
                              X