No announcement yet.

XS East 2010 Official Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home at 5:30.....really cool rally, thanks for hosting Ralph!!
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 14, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Quote:

"A motorcycle can’t sing on the streets of a city." Unknown

Comment

• Rochelle and I were here at 3:30 and my kids at 3:34 for a cook out . Had a great time with everyone . SO WHERE ARE WE GOING NEXT YEAR?
      Ralph

Comment

• Sally and I made it home after enjoying mastan's company for part of the trip home. No rain, no pain, we're OK in Kane!

Glad everyone had a safe fun rally, thanks all for coming. It IS all about you guys and 'guyettes' coming that makes it fun. Glad to see you all and come back again next year!

Anyone who asked me for maps or other stuff please email or PM me with the request again.

SO WHERE ARE WE GOING NEXT YEAR?
        Someone start another thread and let's hear opinions....
        Marty in NW PA
        Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
        Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
        This IS my happy face.

Comment

• Home at 6:30, no rain and no traffic to speak of except at the Holland Tunnel. Another great time, thanks Ralph!!

So, where are we going next year? I remember two suggestions:
          The Outer Banks and Connecticut.

Comment

• Hi Ralph!

I got home by 7:30 this evening. Got wet on the PA turnpike so sat on the side of the road for awhile until the storm passed.

Wow, that was a great ride today! Never knew that Rt 30 was so scenic out there in western PA!

Really had a great weekend seeing everyone again and going on the rides!

You did a fantastic job organizing the rally! Thank you very much!

Be well and keep the shiny side up!

Rob Bergeman

Comment

• Right then try again. having written a long post my computer decided to crash.
              Gary Conboy and I were last to leave at 9:00am Took the Turnpike and I79 to I90 Buffalo QEW home. It was sunny and HOT all the way. Addie had a few hissie fits along the way but apart from the poping and banging made it home. Definitely not right. Home by 5:30pm in time for a beer on the patio.
              Thanks Ralph and Marty for another good event. Specil meention to Randy for the Arrogant Bastard and we missed you Dean oh and Mitch though drank the Alpine
              Phil
              1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
              1983 XJ 650 Maxim
              2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• I am just now getting online...made it home by 7:45...11 hours and 45 mins including lunch. Brent and I had the most fantastic 2 lane journey home...Rt 220 is dabomb!...Thankyou Brent for riding with me. I can still smell your cigar..LOL I also want to thank Ralph andMarty and anyone else who helped pull off another successful XSEast rally. I'm glad to have seen the original Flight 93 memorial as well. 1350 miles total since last Friday! I will decompress and upload my pics...L8R
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Back home again

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                  I am just now getting online...made it home by 7:45...11 hours and 45 mins including lunch. Brent and I had the most fantastic 2 lane journey home...Rt 220 is dabomb!...Thankyou Brent for riding with me. I can still smell your cigar..LOL I also want to thank Ralph andMarty and anyone else who helped pull off another successful XSEast rally. I'm glad to have seen the original Flight 93 memorial as well. 1350 miles total since last Friday! I will decompress and upload my pics...L8R
                  I took longer to get home arriving at midnight. Great rally! Thanks again Ralph & all attendees who made it wonderful. Ride back was an adventure.
                  It is a great big beautiful world out there
                  Brent in GA
                  Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

• Too many pics to post....

So here's the link.

http://s307.photobucket.com/albums/n...XSEast%202010/

Comment

• My Pics

http://s773.photobucket.com/albums/yy18/BNE_2010/
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Made it home at 8PM 5/31/10 after losing the alternator just outside of Scranton. Made it within 15 miles of home before the battery died. Had to wait 2.5 hrs for a tow. I guess the MC Gods are paying me back for trucking to the Rally.

The rally was great Ralph. It was a pleasure to see all the old friends and to meet so many new folks.

Comment

• It's the Harley Award working it's voodoo Could have been worse!

Comment

• I made it home as well. Thanks for puting on a great event and looking forward to seeing you folks in canada...

Randy. The field is plowed.
                            "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                            1981 LH

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                              I took longer to get home arriving at midnight. Great rally! Thanks again Ralph & all attendees who made it wonderful. Ride back was an adventure.
                              Dang Brent for someone who doesnt want to ride after dark you pretty much booked it. I'm glad you made it back safely.
                              1980 XS650G Special-Two
                              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Ivan and I made it home just fine Monday. Knocked out about 800 miles on Sunday, and the other 400 Monday. Total for the week was just under 4k miles.

Had a great time putting some faces to the names, and an even greater time giving one particular guy some crap.. something about 2-stroke oil? International relations at it's finest. Randy, it was a particular honor to finally meet you. Thank you for my first and last Arrogant Bastard... even though DuWayne had to steal it for me. By the time I got that thing choked down, I think I had to chew the last couple drinks..

I got lots of pics, but nothing any better than what you guys already have really. It's always a pleasure to see my good buddy Brent again. DPotter.. thank you for the week of company across the many states and the hospitality in your home you showed us.

Thanks everyone..

Tod
                                Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                                '06 Suzuki DR650
                                *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                                '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                                '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                                '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                                '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                                '81 XS1100 Special
                                '81 YZ250
                                '80 XS850 Special
                                '80 XR100
                                *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Working...
                                X