• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice peek! Woooo Hooooo!
    Tom
    2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
    gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Hey Ralph, after seeing the sneak peek, I just may have to buy me my first XS tee shirt !!
      80 SG
      81 SH in parts
      99 ST1100
      91 ST1100

Comment

Its a little early to confirm just yet but from central Nova Scotia to Somerset, Pa, its a 3800km or 2361 mile round trip according to Goggle maps. It would be about 5 - 6 days on the road and that may be too far for me health wise. I'll be dicussing this with Bruce & Dave.
        Mark Robertson,

'84 XJ1100 - SOLD
        '79 XS1100 - SOLD n still going strong
        '07 Bandit 1250S

Comment

Do what you can, Mark, always good to see you!

Maybe you guys could pool resources and trailer?
          Marty in NW PA
          Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
          Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
          This IS my happy face.

Comment

Originally posted by omegaxj View Post
            Its a little early to confirm just yet but from central Nova Scotia to Somerset, Pa, its a 3800km or 2361 mile round trip according to Goggle maps. It would be about 5 - 6 days on the road and that may be too far for me health wise. I'll be dicussing this with Bruce & Dave.
            As Marty said, trailer is an option. Maybe to the Toronto area, then ride down with those guys? Hope you can make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scootstado2 View Post
              As Marty said, trailer is an option. Maybe to the Toronto area, then ride down with those guys? Hope you can make it.
              Hi Russ,
              I had to check and as I thought. The short route is through Maine Boston MA Trenton NJ and into PA. So right past your door . Coming through Toronto adds about 6 hours and 300 miles to the journey.
              Hi Mark,
              You know you are welcome to visit Toronto anytime. Trailering may well be a solution for health reasons. The short route does not look too inviting for a bike ride to me as you would be stuck on the Interstate "making time" missing what must be some fabulous riding through the back roads of Maine, NH, MA and PA. Even with a trailer 6 days would be a tight schedule though with three drivers you could push through the night.
              Hope to see you there.
              Phil
              1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
              1983 XJ 650 Maxim
              2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Hi Phil
                I'm thinking maybe I could meet with you Toronto guys somewhere and we could come up with a relatively interesting route down?. Can't believe I'm thinking about specific plans for next Memorial day already. Usually don't know what I'm doin' tomorrow!
                80 SG
                81 SH in parts
                99 ST1100
                91 ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by laxdad View Post
                  Hi Phil
                  I'm thinking maybe I could meet with you Toronto guys somewhere and we could come up with a relatively interesting route down?. Can't believe I'm thinking about specific plans for next Memorial day already. Usually don't know what I'm doin' tomorrow!
                  Hi Dean,
                  I too do not know what i am doing most of the time
                  It will be fun to plan a route down to Somerset with you and the Ontario crowd. Hwy 219 from Buffalo is the direct (short) way passing Kane PA where Marty A lives. I plan to take both the Friday and Monday off work (not a holiday in Canada)
                  High winds here to day so not going for a ride.
                  Phil
                  1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
                    Hi Russ,
                    I had to check and as I thought. The short route is through Maine Boston MA Trenton NJ and into PA. So right past your door . Coming through Toronto adds about 6 hours and 300 miles to the journey.
                    Hi Mark,
                    You know you are welcome to visit Toronto anytime. Trailering may well be a solution for health reasons. The short route does not look too inviting for a bike ride to me as you would be stuck on the Interstate "making time" missing what must be some fabulous riding through the back roads of Maine, NH, MA and PA. Even with a trailer 6 days would be a tight schedule though with three drivers you could push through the night.
                    Hope to see you there.
                    Phil

I didn't Google it (just assumed) but I have room for a trailer. However, for me to make Somerset in a day I'll probably be trucking my bike. Age and injury is starting to take its toll, plus as you said the interstate sucks. I can sympathize with Mark. Hey, I could carry the beer and bags.

Comment

Hey, I could carry the beer...
                      NOW we're getting to some serious planning.
                      Marty in NW PA
                      Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                      Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                      This IS my happy face.

Comment

Now you have said it.......

count me in!
                        UMMM BEEER! allthough you had me at "lies"!

I'm a 90% on making this event!
                        Sounds great. Thanks for setting this up.
                        Flatlander

'81 XS11H

Comment

Beer can be had anywhere so why waste the space bringing it along? Unless its Arrogant Bastard...which BTW I could do without...Sorry Randy! It would also appear i will be heading to Somerset from NC and NOT NJ...so that will make an interesting trip...
                          1980 XS650G Special-Two
                          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Did I hear Mick is bringing the Blue again?
                            "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                            1981 LH

Comment

Doug Mitchell

Hi Doug
                              Are you thinkin on doin the run to Somerset rallie? It is quite a haul from here but XSive things do happen; heck, you get to meet a great crew when you get there!
                              Bruce
                              Bruce Doucette
                              Phone #1 902 827 3217

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                                Beer can be had anywhere so why waste the space bringing it along? Unless its Arrogant Bastard...which BTW I could do without...Sorry Randy! It would also appear i will be heading to Somerset from NC and NOT NJ...so that will make an interesting trip...
                                Hi BNE,
                                BEER is NEVER a Waste of Space. Like Horsepower you can never have too much...... well not at the time anyway
                                Phil
                                1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Working...
                                X