Doing my duty, I guess.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing my duty, I guess.....

Any ideas about XSEast 2010? Post 'em here!

Back to PA?

Lots of places there yet to have a rally...I know Ralph will say Somerset area...I'd like to go back the the area of the PA Grand Canyon. But not necessarily the same routes...theres lots there and I can get us the benefit of local knowledge.
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Hi Randy,
      Someone else to do all the work Where ever it is I am going.
      I Plan to be on my XS wearing Long Pants
      Maxim Phil
      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

The poll form XSEast 09

OK, this is in the spirit of general discussion. If you recall, the XSEast '09 ballots had a write-in for suggestions on XSEast '10. There were only 15 write-ins, but here are the results of those suggestions:

Canada - 5
        S.E. Ohio - 3
        W. Virginia - 2
        Somerset - 1
        Virginia Beach - 1
        Anywhere - 1
        Texas - 1
        Thousand Islands - 1

Some lively discussion was had and it was generally agreed that Canada would be way too cold in late May. That's the only discussion I can recall.

Comment

West Virginia

Great roads, not alot of traffic, few cops. Operating out of north WV would put us in proximity of Somerset.

Darrell
          Darrell
          78E
          80G project
          06FJR

Comment

Originally posted by newc4 View Post
            West Virginia

Great roads, not alot of traffic, few cops. Operating out of north WV would put us in proximity of Somerset.

Darrell
            I like that idea!
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
              OK, this is in the spirit of general discussion. If you recall, the XSEast '09 ballots had a write-in for suggestions on XSEast '10. There were only 15 write-ins, but here are the results of those suggestions:

Canada - 5
              S.E. Ohio - 3
              W. Virginia - 2
              Somerset - 1
              Virginia Beach - 1
              Anywhere - 1
              Texas - 1
              Thousand Islands - 1

Some lively discussion was had and it was generally agreed that Canada would be way too cold in late May. That's the only discussion I can recall.
              Randy I, nor most of us Canucks , think that late May is too cold to ride in Canada, but if I recall the issue of needing passports came up and it seems most Canadian riders have them but few US riders did. I know I would like to see the flight 93 memorial and have no problems riding down to meet up with the usual gang of XSsives!

Paul
              Paul
              1983 XJ1100 Maxim
              1979 XS1100 Standard
              1980 XS1100 Special

I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I play one on the internet.

Comment

It seems to me that if ever there was a time to see the flight 93 memorial...it would be for XSEast 2010
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I got the impression (possibly wrongly) that Ralph was proposing to host XSEast 2010 in Somerset.

Comment

Xs east

I am not campaining for it to be in Canada, but you won't find it too cold in late may. it was not any warmer in vermont. if anything its great riding, the bugs are not bad and roads have cleared up from the sand and salt from winter. I do really like the idea of seeing the Flight 93 memorial though, i think thats a great idea.
                    Matt
                    Maxim 1100
                    (aka-Blue Giants Son)

Comment

I haven't missed a memorial day weekend (XS east) since I started going in 2002.

I will be there no matter where it is.... If you haven't been to the Flight 93 site it is worth a visit. I been once and I could easily go again.
                      I have seen the big plans they have. I suppose it will be something when they are done.

Does Northern West Virginia work? I don't know. Anyone?
                      Tom
                      2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
                      gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Originally posted by Huron52 View Post
                        I haven't missed a memorial day weekend (XS east) since I started going in 2002.

I will be there no matter where it is.... If you haven't been to the Flight 93 site it is worth a visit. I been once and I could easily go again.
                        I have seen the big plans they have. I suppose it will be something when they are done.

Does Northern West Virginia work? I don't know. Anyone?
                        Hi Tom,
                        I am with you. Northern West Virginia sounds grand to me.
                        Phil
                        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Did this once already I will be in Somerset Pa that weekend end of story.
                          Ralph

Comment

Another Canuck vote for N.W.V.

Northern West Virginia sounds good to me. It's been years since I've been through there.
                            Perhaps we could cover some Canadian ground with another XS North. Tom knows some great roads around the Huntsville area. Rick
                            I May Be Crazy, But I Have A Good Time.

Northern Gypsy - 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Daily rider

Comment

Originally posted by madbiker View Post
                              Did this once already I will be in Somerset Pa that weekend end of story.
                              Ralph
                              WTF Ralph? You want XSEast in Somerset ? Then organize it yourself for crying out loud. Alot of people agree they want to see the memorial but you just have to be disagreeable? So tell me why does it matter if we base in Somerset or WV? How many f-ing days do you f-ing need to see the memorial?
                              1980 XS650G Special-Two
                              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                              X