X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday June 28 "Christmas in June" Toy Run

Charity toy run benefiting St. Christophers Childrens Hosp this Sunday:

Bump

Anyone in the NYC area interested in joining this run?

Comment

The 2009 "Xmas in June" toy run to benefit St. Christopher's was an unqualified success. The weather was perfect and we spent the better half of the morning chomping bagels & coffee provided by Applebee's restaurant while we waited for Santa to arrive. His sleigh landed at noon, then it was off to the hosp. so he could dole out the goodies to the very excited kids. After, there was a BBQ for all the hungry elves! This sure beats the usual mid-winter toy run, I must say! This is on my list for next year. Photo link below.

http://s307.photobucket.com/albums/n...s%20in%20June/

Comment

Alright a good cause for sure...loooks like you were surrounded by a crowd of mediocrity...otherwise known as the rugged HD individualists
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Yes, it was 99 and 44/100 percent HD, but good people all. Their bikes were too loud for my taste, but that's why I have ear plugs! You could count the non-HD's on one hand. One Aprillia, two Hondas, one Triumph and me. I got a lot of compliments and genuine interest in the XS. Also met a cool guy, Lindsay from Glen Cove with the Bonneville who will be joining us sooner or later for a local run or two.

Comment

Working...
          X