Canadians hooking up for the ride to XS East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadians hooking up for the ride to XS East

First of all, I am not the driving force behind this but I think we should get it started.

Need to figure who all's going
    ( so we don't leave anybody behind or left out)

Where we are meeting up (time, date, location)

Which route we are taking
    ( maybe someone wants to see something on the way or knows of a nice road we would want to ride )

Who's leading this
    ( this is the person that says when we go and stop)

Tail gunner
    ( last person in the line that makes sure we are all there)

These are just ideas ...

I have read some suggestions in different areas . I just want it in one place. So everyone is on the same page.

Now as I write this I hope that this isn't a double post of the same idea

Ok guys & gals... go for it
    Tom
    2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
    gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Hi Tom,
    3 1/2 hours into the program and it looks like you and me
    SO You lead and I will Gun the rear Which way would you like to go?

A number of people coming from the Ottawa area to pass over 1000 island bridge. HamJam is favouring that route too. I presume we are planning to arrive Friday dinner in Brattleboro return Monday home by dark?
    I favour exploring some byways in both directions.
    Phil
    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Great Idea Tom!

Last year we met HamJam and olebiker at the 1K island bridge around 11am. Our gang has yet to pick a route. I was thinking crossing at Ogdensburg or Cornwall would be a much more direct route for us. Meeting up with you guys south of the border may be better option. Have you mapped out a specific route yet?

Paul
      Paul
      1983 XJ1100 Maxim
      1979 XS1100 Standard
      1980 XS1100 Special

I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I play one on the internet.

Comment

Route? well no....

Only thing I would like is that I get there before supper on friday. So I can check in get a shower, have a beer before supper.

My plan is if we are going to meet up in Eastern Ontario I will wander (ride) down thursday to that part of the world and meet up with you guys and gals friday what ever time you want.

My trip home will be via slab.... fairly quick!

I guess I should look at streets and trips...
        Tom

Comment

Ok heres my problem Lori WILL NOT ride on and 4 lane go fast hwy so if we go i have to keep on the 2 lane
          http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i7...all2008017.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Huron52 View Post

When I said that I expect I will be riding home alone.

Monday I will be getting up and heading ASAP.
            Tom

Comment

Hi Tom,
              I like your plan for going so far suits me.
              As for coming home Monday: On your own and I think the thruway to Buffalo is probably fastest superslap. I understand you have further to go than the rest of us.
              Paul if we work backwards from Brattleboro 5pm Friday that will tell us if our route and depart time make sense. Then if we run behind schedule we will still be there for 6 pm drinkies and a shower b4 supper.

Going together is fun but it always takes longer the more people there are.
              Phil

Route? well no....

Only thing I would like is that I get there before supper on friday. So I can check in get a shower, have a beer before supper.

My plan is if we are going to meet up in Eastern Ontario I will wander (ride) down thursday to that part of the world and meet up with you guys and gals friday what ever time you want.

I guess I should look at streets and trips...
              1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Hi Ossjughead,
                Plan a 2 lane route...wemight like it
                Phil

Originally posted by ossjughead View Post
                Ok heres my problem Lori WILL NOT ride on and 4 lane go fast hwy so if we go i have to keep on the 2 lane
                1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

brattleboro to buffalo

hi all;; its 362 miles on the thruway approx 6 1/2 hours drive..for those interested 81 south out of ontario is 2 lane and it will get you close! too long a ride for me but best wishes on a great trip!! ride safe ,,slow mo!
                  The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
                  moemcnally@hotmail.com
                  i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

Ok folks, this is only a rough draft but this is what I have searched out so far. Keeping in mind with what Phil is saying about arrival time and Jim's preference to stay on 2 lane hwy. Our group would cross at Cornwall Ontario and meet the Toronto group in Malone New York at 11:00 am. from there we would take the #2 south east and then the #100 south through Burlington and then Wilmington Vt. Then east on the #9 to Battleboro. All on two lane roads. My original mapped route involved some 4 lane hwy but also took an hour less to get there. Based on MS Streets and Trips and at an average speed of 90 kph we should arrive at the Colonial Inn around 4:30 pm.

How does this work with your route? Any ideas post 'em now!

Paul
                    Paul
                    1983 XJ1100 Maxim
                    1979 XS1100 Standard
                    1980 XS1100 Special

Comment

HiPaul,
                      I have not looked at the map yet BUt Average of 90kmh is too high for two lane. If we travel at 90kph or 55 mph average will be closer to 65 70kph
                      Phil

Originally posted by blue giant View Post
                      Ok folks, this is only a rough draft but this is what I have searched out so far. Keeping in mind with what Phil is saying about arrival time and Jim's preference to stay on 2 lane hwy. Our group would cross at Cornwall Ontario and meet the Toronto group in Malone New York at 11:00 am. from there we would take the #2 south east and then the #100 south through Burlington and then Wilmington Vt. Then east on the #9 to Battleboro. All on two lane roads. My original mapped route involved some 4 lane hwy but also took an hour less to get there. Based on MS Streets and Trips and at an average speed of 90 kph we should arrive at the Colonial Inn around 4:30 pm.

Paul
                      1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Hi Paul,
                        I had a look at your route. 100 south is very nice. Ok now we found something nice to say Your route is over 600 miles from my house where as the routes i have been looking at are around 450 miles.
                        Kingston Utica Brattleboro shortest no highway settings on Mapquest 455 and nearly 12 hours (1/3 thursdat 2/3 Friday)
                        Anyone else have an opinion?
                        Phil

Originally posted by blue giant View Post

Paul
                        1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

When I said that I expect I will be riding home alone.

Monday I will be getting up and heading ASAP.

But...but...what about what Maverick learned? "You never leave your wingman."

Just kidding.

Don
                          currently own;
                          1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
                          2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

Originally posted by DJinNH View Post
                            But...but...what about what Maverick learned? "You never leave your wingman."

Just kidding.

Don
                            Didn't he get his wingman killed? Better ride home with the Canadian boys!
                            Paul
                            1983 XJ1100 Maxim
                            1979 XS1100 Standard
                            1980 XS1100 Special

Comment

Bump!

Have you Southern Ontario riders decided on a route or meeting place for us Eastern Ontario riders or should we just meet you at the Colonial for Happy Hour?

Last Canuck there buys the beer!

Paul
                              1983 XJ1100 Maxim
                              1979 XS1100 Standard
                              1980 XS1100 Special

Comment

Working...
                              X