No announcement yet.

Who's Riding What to XSEast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always had the XS at XSEast but this year the ST1100 might make the trip. Haven't decided yet, somewhat weather related. I think my XS has been upset with me because it seems to stay in the garage way too much lately.
    80 SG
    81 SH in parts
    99 ST1100
    91 ST1100

Comment

I'll be on my black XJ. I think I'm gonna have to transfer the "Outrider" moniker to her since I'll log more miles in this one trip than I have so far with the red one! Haha. That's fine with me, though. It's the "Outrider" spirit that travels with the bike, not just a name.
      "I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use one."

'82 Maxim XJ1100J (Maroon) - "Organ Donor" - Parts bike

'82 Maxim XJ1100J (Black) - "Outrider" - Dynojet Stage 1 kit, Kerker 4-1 exhaust, AGM battery, Mikes XS coils, small inline fuel filters, Dunlopp Elite-3 tires

'06 Star Warrior (Custom Gadsden Flag Theme) - "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ" - Sissy bar w/ luggage rack, 4" risers, braided stainless steel cables and brake line; Mods on deck: new exhaust, new seat

Comment

Most likely this......

Last edited by mrsixtysix; 04-01-2009, 08:07 AM.
        Gary Granger
        Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
        2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 14, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Quote:

"A motorcycle can’t sing on the streets of a city." Unknown

Comment

Can I test drive the one in that last pic??

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
            Can I test drive the one in that last pic??
            No, but you can make up your own at www.photofunia.com ,
            Gary Granger
            Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
            2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 14, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Quote:

"A motorcycle can’t sing on the streets of a city." Unknown

Comment

split personality

Looks like I'll have a split personality. My wife and I are coming up Friday with my '78 XS1100E, full dress with Velorex 700 side hack. After the festivities Saturday evening, I'll head home, drop her off, and be up Sunday with the'80 xs1100 Special. Wife has to work Sunday or she doesn't get paid holiday pay for Monday. Please arrange for clear weather Friday and Saturday, otherwise I'll have a mobile bath tub.
              1978 XS1100E, full dress w/Velorex 700 side car (My Blue 'leven) 1980 XS1100SG (as of yet un-named)

Comment

xseast??

Hello what is this thing you guys are talking about??
                Tks
                Peter.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsixtysix View Post
                  No, but you can make up your own at www.photofunia.com ,
                  what agreat site thanks sixty six ride safe,, slow mo!
                  The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
                  moemcnally@hotmail.com
                  i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
                    Hello what is this thing you guys are talking about??
                    Tks
                    Peter.
                    XS East is a 3 day rally typically held every year on the Memorial Day weekend...each year its ina different location. This year it is being held in Brattleboro VT...There is an entire thread on this rally in the N.E. region forum...look for it and read it...at this point it looks like over 40 people are coming this year check it out here...
                    http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20129
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I will be on this.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1241/1480921818_241eade448_s.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by olebiker View Post
                        I will be on this.

Oh thats a great bike! Lots of comfort and weather protection too...If I dont sell my ST1100 I might bring it instead of my XJ especially if the weather is bad...I took off the windjammer on the XJ as it wasnt what I had hoped it would be...but now it doesnt have any weather protection...Good on you for getting the Connie
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Thanks it feels like it is what the 11 might have turned into. That is I really like it.

Comment

Interesting to see the similarities between the Connie and the ST1100 I own... Large gas tank all day comfort...smooth, powerful and reliable engine...excellent weather protection why its hard to go wrong with that kind of bike. They do enjoy a certain cult status in their own right... I think I like the older generation Connies' vs. the new ones.Heres a shot of the ST...
                            Last edited by madmax-im; 05-05-2009, 04:51 PM.
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I really like the ST as well. I have never driven one but I have read that they are a great machine. The problem is they are like hens teeth, very hard to find a good used one at a decent price in Canada.

Comment

Working...
                              X