My last road trip this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My last road trip this year

Slate Run/Pine Creek/Susquehanna River valley in PA.Fall foliage is abt as good as its gonna get.Heres some pix from my helmet cam

Last edited by Ken Talbot; 11-03-2008, 09:21 PM. Reason: inserted space between photos, fixed photos doubling up on one line
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

nice

Beautiful pictures Ben
    See you in May
    Doug
    Doug Mitchell
    82 XJ1100 sold
    2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
    2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
    1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
    47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

Awesome pictures Ben!

Thanks for sharing them.

Paul
      Paul
      1983 XJ1100 Maxim
      1979 XS1100 Standard
      1980 XS1100 Special

I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I play one on the internet.

Comment

You're welcome

I've got hundreds more...nearly 500 in all...not all are good however....but 95% are...no way I could or would post 'em all.The helmet cam has an auto mode that takes a random shot continuosly every 5 secs.Can take a total of 1500 pics on regular batts...1700 on rechargeables...BTW the last 3 pics were taken off the bike with my handheld point and shoot 8 megapixel Kodak.
        Last edited by madmax-im; 10-16-2008, 06:26 PM.
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
          I've got hundreds more...nearly 500 in all...not all are good however....but 95% are...no way I could or would post 'em all.The helmet cam has an auto mode that takes a random shot continuosly every 5 secs.Can take a total of 1500 pics on regular batts...1700 on rechargeables...BTW the last 3 pics were taken off the bike with my handheld point and shoot 8 megapixel Kodak.
          Great pics what make is your helmet cam?
          http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1241/1480921818_241eade448_s.jpg

Comment

Ben, you're going to have to bring that cam to XSEast for the group riding shots!

Comment

Originally posted by olebiker View Post
              Great pics what make is your helmet cam?
              Its a Hero made by GoPro...you can check them out at http://goprocamera.com
              Actually I dont have the one with the wide angle lens as it was not out at the time...so that is new..I'm planning on getting that too
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
                Ben, you're going to have to bring that cam to XSEast for the group riding shots!
                Well that is the intention Ofc!I think with the new wide angle lens will make the photos more spectacular.I will show you all what this set up looks like attached to my helmet....

Last edited by Ken Talbot; 11-03-2008, 09:22 PM.
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Thanks for the link they seem well priced.
                  http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1241/1480921818_241eade448_s.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by olebiker View Post
                    Thanks for the link they seem well priced.
                    My pleasure..it should also be noted that this cam will take 56 mins of video and its not too bad in terms of picture quality...I am still looking at the new wide angle cam for $139 since I already have all the mounts...so that is pretty reasonably priced
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Ben,
                      Thanks for posting. Good pics. Looks like you picked a good route on a nice day.
                      It is a great big beautiful world out there
                      Brent in GA
                      Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Hi Brent...there are no bad routes in this area...and the roads are nearly empty most of the time...this area in in the general vicinity of the PA Grand Canyon ...so many roads...so little time
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Hey MADMAX-IM it looks like you were in my backyard, Any one of those pics could be my home town roads. I'm 20 miles from Pine crk. Rt87 & 287 I'm on them all the time. There are great rides all around Williamsport. Next time you come up, let me know, I could show you a few more. I'm sick of running with the Harleys and Hondas.
                          79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
                          80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
                          80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
                          79 DT 100

Comment

That last pic looks like Hynerview. I run up it a few times a summer, when the wife feels like it...riding that is.
                            79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
                            80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
                            80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
                            79 DT 100

Comment

Originally posted by xs11lover View Post
                              Hey MADMAX-IM it looks like you were in my backyard, Any one of those pics could be my home town roads. I'm 20 miles from Pine crk. Rt87 & 287 I'm on them all the time. There are great rides all around Williamsport. Next time you come up, let me know, I could show you a few more. I'm sick of running with the Harleys and Hondas.
                              Great would love it...I was in Wellsboro last July for 3 days wiith the ST-Owners forum...we loved everything we did...I came back 2 more times and still couldn't quite get it out of my system.The last 2 times were based out of the Hotel Manor in Slate Run...I'll let you know when this year...there is a nother ST-Owners event in Wellsboro this year(July)

Originally posted by xs11lover View Post
                              That last pic looks like Hynerview. I run up it a few times a summer, when the wife feels like it...riding that is.
                              It is Hyner View
                              1980 XS650G Special-Two
                              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                              X