Northern Michigan XSives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Michigan XSives

I would love to get a group to go for a ride every month or so during the summer. It would not have to be strictly XS/FJ, but it sure would be cool to have a few of the old girls in a pack. I live in the Cadillac area, but would be willing to meet someplace within an hour of here to begin and end a ride in one day. Usually, I have alot of stuff going on during the summer, so weekend trips are pretty much out of the question.

I think the Grand Rapids area to the Petoskey area would be awesome. We could find a mutual meeting somewhere in the middle and cruise around a bit. If anyone has any ideas on how we could organize something like a Saturday ride, I am all ears.

Casey B.

I was in the midst of a reply to your Baldwin thread, but here would probably be more appropriate. I'm in Gaylord and I know there's a bunch of good riding around Traverse City. We should hit up M-119 sometime here. Now that's some great riding. Are you saying that weekend trips like gone-all-weekend are out, or that any riding at all on Sat or Sun is out? I'd love any excuse to get out & about more, so let me know when you're down for it, and we can figure something out. Anyone else interested?
    -Do what makes you happy.

'79 Honda CB 750 K (2)
    '78 XS 11 E - "Rhona"
    ...and a 2nd E, for the goodies on it.

Comment

A Traverse City ride would be awesome. That is exactly what I was thinking. I've ridden around that area a few times and it is beautiful.

A Saturday or Sunday jaunt is perfect for me. I just cant afford to take a whole weekend (overnight) trip any time in the near future.

Memorial weekend is all spoken for, but the weekend after that I have nothing planned. Also, I think we are situated almost exactly the same distance from Traverse city. I am about an hour and fifteen minutes away (Cadillac/Tustin area), and on the map, it looks like you are about the same. This would be perfect for a 10 or 11 o'clock meeting somewhere. Does 119 run through Kalkaska?

Does the weekend after memorial day work for you?

Also, my brother just got a 97 yamaha crotch rocket. He loves to ride just as much as I do. It would be awesome to have a pack of strictly XSives, but I know others who might make a valuable addition to a ride, even though they havent been blessed with the greatest bike in the world.

Casey B

Comment

The Leelanau Peninsula is a good ride. M-22 hugs the water, you go by Sleeping Bear Dunes, and timed properly, you could be treated to a spectacular sunset across Lake Michigan (but the ride home could get chilly).
        M-119 goes from just north of Petoskey up to Cross Village, where there's a really good Polish restaurant (the Legs Inn). Probably the best twisties in the area, possibly in lower MI.
        I think everyone who has the chance ought to do these rides; by all means, bring your bro.
        I could probably do Sunday 6/1. I have a thing on Saturday, but I'm pretty sure it's only a one day deal. I'll double check on that. Wanna tentatively plan on one of those rides? TC or 119 -doesn't matter much to me where; I just like to get out & about... you know how it is.

'79 Honda CB 750 K (2)
        '78 XS 11 E - "Rhona"

Comment

The T.C area would be perfect for me. I would love to do the Cross Village ride, but I think it might be a little bit out of my range for a day trip.

The first weekend of June also works for me. Is 6-1 a Saturday or a Sunday? Either day works fine for me. I just need to know for planning purposes.

Other than that, count me in. If you know any other people that might be up for a ride, that would be great. I talked to my brother about it and he is all in. I also have an uncle that might be up for it. I will ask around.

If it works for you, we can write it in stone assuming the weather is nice. I have ridden in the rain before, but it is not all that fun.

Casey B.

Comment

Okay, let's do TC, then. 6/1 is Sunday. How about meet around TC at 11:00 (Tom's Food Market @ the corner of 72 and 22?). We can head up M-22, and then just tool around the different roads in the Leelanau till whenever. I'll see about getting a county map before then. I'm not a fan of riding in the rain. Bike's naked, and it gets cold real quick. So, weather permitting, let's plan on riding.

Anyone else around the area interested?

'79 Honda CB 750 K (2)
            '78 XS 11 E - "Rhona"

Comment

11:00 at Tom's sound great. I will be there for sure. I will post on Saturday night after I check the weather just to be sure. Either that or a P.M. would work.

I talked to my brother today, and he is worried about a long ride on his crotch rocket. If my memory serves me correctly, there are many overlooks and scenic areas that we could stop every half hour or so. I told him that I would check with you first before I told him we would give him some ass out of seat time. If you don't mind stopping every once in a while, he is pumped up about it as well.

Casey B.

Comment

Yeah, that's fine. I don't mind stopping every now and again. I've only been out to Empire, but I'd assume there will be roadside parks and/or overlooks scattered throughout the area. I don't have internet @ home, so I'll PM you my phone number and we can verify last minute that way. I'm looking forward to it- I've only been out once this year so far. Gotta get more saddle time!

'79 Honda CB 750 K (2)
                '78 XS 11 E - "Rhona"

Comment

Working...
                X