Clear All

• Iron butt, Michigan-Wisconsin-Michigan

Is anybody intrested in a Iron Butt ride starting in
    Flint,
    to Iron Mountain,
    to Green Bay WI,
    to Ann Arbor,
    back to Flint?
    Or any other ideas starting in the area?
    Flatlander

'81 XS11H

Another possible trip.

Another trip would be starting in the thumb area going north to the Soo then into Canada, down to London and back across the boarder to the thumb.
    Flatlander

'81 XS11H

Comment

MI Iron butt

I've been wanting to do the Lake Superior Circle tour. I'd prefer to do it with a throttle lock, but who knows when I'll have the cash to sink into that. Here's the iron butt website: Lake Superior Iron Butt

I was thinking of starting in the Soo and going counter-clockwise, but I don't know how the gas stations are spread out in Canada, so timing could be important.

Or start in Marquette, go clockwise, and head up the Tunnel of Trees to Copper Harbor while we're fresh. I don't think you'd need the miles for the 1000, but it's some of the best riding I've had, and I jump at the opportunity to hit that again.

I've been kicking the idea around for a year or so, but have yet to actually do the research and plan it. But bottom line is that I'd probably be down for an iron butt this summer sometime.
      -Do what makes you happy.

'79 Honda CB 750 K (2)
      '78 XS 11 E - "Rhona"
      ...and a 2nd E, for the goodies on it.

Comment

To dig this back up. The wife and I are doing a Millington to the Soo run may 30th. Going to do the coast line ride through the thumb and to the bridge. Stay the night in the Soo and then it's kind of open.
        I hate signatures. Too many cars and Bikes to list here.

Comment

I have not got any further on finding info on the iron butt ride for a couple reasons. If anybody is intrested I'll dig further for you. PM me. It is not a xs ride, it's a all bike ride, thought that i'd through that in also.

Birch has posted a blessing of the bike in baldwin, Don't know when though, would like to be able to go to that also.

Dsxs11,
          Your ride sounds very intresting to me. What is the route plan?
          Flatlander

'81 XS11H

Comment

m-15 north through Bay City. Then out to 23 and up the coast Alpena, Rogers City, Cheboygan, Mackinaw City across the bridge and to the Soo. 330 miles and a 7 hour ride. Figure a stop every 2 hours. Spend the weekend in the UP then Superslab it home in 3 hours.

Comment

If you want, I can PM you my phone number, in case you need anything when you're around the Gaylord area. I should be around Sunday that weekend. Let me know. I'm always happy to be of service to any fellow bikers, 'specially XSives.
              -Do what makes you happy.

'79 Honda CB 750 K (2)
              '78 XS 11 E - "Rhona"
              ...and a 2nd E, for the goodies on it.

Comment

I might be interested in this..... I can't say for sure until I get back from the "XS EAST Rally". Not the iron butt, but ride to the UP for the weekend.
                Tom
                2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
                gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Originally posted by Dsxs11
                  To dig this back up. The wife and I are doing a Millington to the Soo run may 30th. Going to do the coast line ride through the thumb and to the bridge. Stay the night in the Soo and then it's kind of open.
                  What time are you planning on leaving Friday?
                  Or for those that have a Northern head start, what time are you planning on arriving in the Soo?
                  Flatlander

'81 XS11H

Comment

Doesn't look as if I am going to be going far this weekend.

And the weather looks a lot like rain...at least where I am going to be.
                    Tom
                    2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
                    gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

my 12 year old daughter fractured her leg on the DT 50 monday night so we are not going far either. Time to replan.

Comment

Working...
                      X