XSive Neighbors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XSive Neighbors

Hello all you NorthEasterners.I am in NJ ...I was wondering just where evryone is?I would like to ride and/or get together...share technical information.And if there are any real mechanics out there maybe close enough to help a guy out fixing my old Mad Max...just a thought.Like,I dont mind doing the work but I am not really knowledgeable on how to do the kinds of things that need fixing.Or proper order of doing things....willing to pay someone if necessary.
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

i can't speak for the others
    but most of us are hibernating till april
    http://home.securespeed.us/~xswilly/
    78E main ride, since birth the "good"
    78E Parts, the "bad" fixing up now
    78E Parts the "ugly" maybe next year
    79F Parts
    80G Parts
    75 DT 400B enduro

Comment

madmax-im;

I do go to the Trenton/Princeton area occasionally, but until Spring I won't be going there on a weekend, I'd be glad to lend you a hand then.

I see by your signature that you've owned quite a few bikes, so you're no newbie to this, what exactly 'needs fixin'? Maybe it's something that we can all sort out for you?

Comment

Originally posted by randy
        madmax-im;

I do go to the Trenton/Princeton area occasionally, but until Spring I won't be going there on a weekend, I'd be glad to lend you a hand then.

I see by your signature that you've owned quite a few bikes, so you're no newbie to this, what exactly 'needs fixin'? Maybe it's something that we can all sort out for you?
        Hey Randy....I kind of figured that everyone is hibernating for a few more weeks...Things to do on MadMax:Replace the 2 gearsets in the tranny...carb rejetting and overhaul or replace OEM carbs and add the GSXR slingshot carbs...replace MAC exhaust baffles with less restrictive system...install Windjammer IV fairing and wiring harness...Thats abt it for Madmax...For my '81 XS11 Streetfighter I need to redo the whole brake system rebuild both calipers if needed and replace old lines with steel braided,teflon coated brakelines and bleed system.And then I will be set LOL.Well I definitely would appreciate any and all help I can get.
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by xswilly
          i can't speak for the others
          but most of us are hibernating till april
          xswilly...that would be logical conclusion...I am a bit ahead of myself....its still too cold in the garage to work on anything...here in central NJ we have been cold but we have not had any real lasting snow...not yet anyhow...something is coming our way this week..so we're not out of the woods yet...I can't imagine how rough things are up your way...but I know we here in NJ haven't had anything compared New England...Hunker Down man!!!
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Check out Frapper to see where everyone is at..........

http://www.frappr.com/xs11?src=flash...own&ct=seemore
            1979 XS1100SF "Sakura Natsuhiboshi"

Comment

where are you?

Are there any XS owners (other than me) in NW PA? I live in Warren County near the NY line. I looked at the member list map and I am the only one showing in the area.
              80G XScitant XStreme

"Don't ever give up, don't ever give in, and don't ever read the owner's manual."

-- Red Green

Bikes I have owned --
              '68 Honda 90
              '74 Yamaha Enduro 125
              '75 Husqvarna 250CR
              '85 Kawasaki KLR250
              '80 Kawasaki KZ750H1 LTD

Comment

Hey TJ,
                Take a look at this thread.....

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...&threadid=6334
                1979 XS1100SF "Sakura Natsuhiboshi"