Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing?

Fellow XS Easters -

Big Jon wants to know about the fishing in the "mini gp" area at rally time. Anybody know???

ThanXS,

Bill K.
    1985 Yamaha XJ700 Maxim
    1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer

Not sure about PA, but if you want to stop at my place:

Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Gary,

Is that a Bayliner boat you are in and what kind of fish is that? It looks like a cross between a bass and something yellow. I like the size. 10 to 12 pounds?

dave olson
      82 XJ1100 "Resurrected"
      Riding with the Son

Comment

The boat is a Smoker Craft 16' Fish and Ski that I bought new in 1989. I NEED a bigger one now that I live practically on the shore of Lake Ontario. The fish is a Smallmouth Bass or Bronzeback as they are sometimes called, we grow them big in the big water.
        Gary Granger
        Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
        2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Gary,

I know about the needing another boat. I bought a 1986 Bayliner 16 foot variety, outfitted it for fish and ski, then we took a couple of friends out and the 90 horsepower johnson couldn't get up on top and plane so my wife told me we needed a new boat. My wife didn't even want the first one so I knew that it had to be something really special. I didn't let any grass grow under my feet we bought a 20 foot bayliner outfitted for fishing and skiing, 2003 model. Now I am ready for the big water.

Our lake is only 554 acres but it has some really nice largemouth bass in it.

I had never seen a smallmouth that large. We ussually fish them in the local streams. Congrats.

dave
          82 XJ1100 "Resurrected"
          Riding with the Son

Comment

small mouth bass

yep, we have them here that size to, only not that color,
            lake roseavelt (cant spell it) grand collee dam to up into canada, 350+ miles of shoreline. good eatin !

buzz

Comment

Buzz,

Are those small mouth or largemouth bass you are speaking of?

Too bad it is winter. I am heading to Seattle and parts close by tomorrow for a week or so.

Have a great one.

dave
              82 XJ1100 "Resurrected"
              Riding with the Son

Comment

bass

both, but the smallmouths that big are harder to come by, and we are on the eastside of the state of washington, but there is probably some good samon and stealhead fishing by seattle too, good luck if ya get your line in the water.

buzz

Comment

Working...
                X