Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by omegaxj
    Hey Guys,

It looks like I'll have 2nd bike and that means I'll be coming to the rally.

Bruce (Desert 1) and I went to look at a 1979 XS11, full dresser a couple of weeks ago. Turns out to be a 1978 with only 27K on it. Bruce says the engine is good and strong and at $2500. it was a good deal. Didn't test drive it (Nasty old winter) and I didn't make him an offer. Sent him an email a week later and offered him $1800. without a test drive. He accepted ! Now I just got to go & get it. I got Dave and his truck lined up for next weekend (weather permitting). It's an hour drive from my place. I'm taking it to Bruce's where we will modify it some. Front fairing is going and it is retuning to the '78 appearence. Saddlebags are staying but extra lights are going. New paint as well.

Can't wait...

I, for one, am going to miss that scooter! An XS whatever is OK too I guess.

Excellent!
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

• Originally posted by laxdad
      Reservations made....

yeah..... me too.

P.S. also contacted the guy in charge of the shirt count (madbiker)
      Tom
      2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
      gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Hey Guys,

It looks like I'll have 2nd bike and that means I'll be coming to the rally.

Way to go Mark.
        I was on the phone to the Desert1 himself last night and he told me all about it. Bruce was quite excited about it so it sounds like you got yourself a nice ride (with a little TLC.)

Wayne
        80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

"We are the type of band that if we moved in next door to you...Your lawn would die"
        Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

• Email me about shirts at ratrhemiw@msn.com Will get back to you as soon as I can.
          Ralph the Madbiker

Comment

• Cruisin the Rock 2008

North-East, you say? Summer 2008, you say? How about Cornerbrook Newfoundland? We're planning now. Check this link: http://cruise-in.northernstarsrider.ca/

Comment

• Originally posted by Phoenix Rider [/i]
              [B]

Way to go Mark.
              I was on the phone to the Desert1 himself last night and he told me all about it. Bruce was quite excited about it so it sounds like you got yourself a nice ride (with a little TLC.)

Wayne

Hope to pick it up this weekend. Man, you should see the stuff I've lined up on Ebay for it Bruce is so pleased he may just come down to the rally. How cool would that be? Two 1978's with hard saddlebags arriving from Nova Scotia together And of course, Dave's Kawasaki
              Mark Robertson,

'84 XJ1100 - SOLD
              '79 XS1100 - SOLD n still going strong
              '07 Bandit 1250S

Comment

Bruce is so pleased he may just come down to the rally. How cool would that be? Two 1978's with hard saddlebags arriving from Nova Scotia together And of course, Dave's Kawasaki

Mark,
                That would be great! I always look forward to hanging out with you guys. That probably explains why we have travelled to N.S. 4 out of the last 5 years. Keep onto Bruce. I really do think he wants to go, he's just concerned about riding that distance. Can you say trailer, Bruce.

Wayne
                80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

"We are the type of band that if we moved in next door to you...Your lawn would die"
                Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

• Looks like a major rallie

Looks like a major rallie in the works Guys. Well I have a week booked for that time frame but no reservations yet. How are those 30 year patches goin? Anything on those yet?
                  Bruce
                  78XS1100
                  Bruce Doucette
                  Phone #1 902 827 3217

Comment

• Re: Looks like a major rallie

Originally posted by desert1
                    [B]Looks like a major rallie in the works Guys. Well I have a week booked for that time frame but no reservations yet. ]
                    Dare I ask, does that mean "ya comin" ??

Mark, almost an XS owner....
                    Mark Robertson,

'84 XJ1100 - SOLD
                    '07 Bandit 1250S

Comment

• I want to say again . Email me about shirts ratrhemiw@msn.com
                      Ralph the Madbiker

Comment

• Re: Looks like a major rallie

Originally posted by desert1
                        How are those 30 year patches goin? Anything on those yet?
                        Bruce
                        78XS1100
                        Hi Bruce,
                        Madbiker Ralph and I have been bouncing around some ideas. We've only been working on these seriously for a couple of weeks or so. There is a lot of preparation to get these things going. Well let you know when we get it all worked out.

Bruce , Are you going or what?

Wayne
                        80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

• Rally ?

If Bruce and Mark are going plse let me know when as it would be nice to ride to the rally with you guys . Im taking my lil princess Hannah on her first long ride. so let me know you two. Hope we can go together
                          Doug
                          Doug Mitchell
                          82 XJ1100 sold
                          2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
                          2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
                          1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
                          47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

• Re: Rally ?

Originally posted by mitch
                            If Bruce and Mark are going plse let me know when as it would be nice to ride to the rally with you guys . Im taking my lil princess Hannah on her first long ride. so let me know you two. Hope we can go together
                            Doug
                            Hi Doug,
                            How old is Hannah?
                            My daughter, Leeanne at 15, is reluctant to go if there is no one close to her age. I guess it seems like one continous oil thread to her. Jet mech Marty, from Ga will not be able to bring eithger of his daughters this year. Leeanne is not planning to attend this year (as of yet.) We broke up the long mileage, taking 3 days up to NY & 3 days back to Ga. Some nice scenery & roads to see on the way though. It was well worth the additional work to take her along. Do it now before the grow up.

Have a good trip!
                            Brent in Ga
                            It is a great big beautiful world out there
                            Brent in GA
                            Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

• It's Home!

I'm now an offical XS1100 owner (formally an XJ1100 owner for those who don't know me). Dave S. and I took his vintage Ford F250 with stake body all the way to Tatamagouche today and bought the 1978 XS I've been telling you guys about.

Quite the adventure it was going and coming in tail end of another winter storm. Fortunately the snow had turned to rain and then it stopped but we had very high winds. $60.00 for gas and one bent ATV ramp; the bike is safely tucked away in its new home.

Now the fun part of taking it from a full bagger to 1978 original looks with just the saddlebags begins. I'm off to Ebay where the hardest thing to find is the '78 rectangular headlight bucket. Anyone got a line on one let me know.

Hey Doug, nobody here is fully committed to the rally at the moment, both Bruce and Dave have to "check things out" at work and home. I hope that all 3 of us can go and we will sure to get intouch with you as well. We will most likely enter Maine from St Stephen and take the #9 to Bangor. Could meet you two anywhere along that route.....

Mark
                              Mark Robertson,

'84 XJ1100 - SOLD
                              '07 Bandit 1250S

Comment

• Brent

Brent Hannah is going to be 11 when we go to the rally,i will only run 7 hours a day with her with me so it looks like 2 days each way.Normaly i do a run like that in 1 day .Once i get going i hate to stop lol.See yall in May.
                                Doug
                                Doug Mitchell
                                82 XJ1100 sold
                                2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
                                2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
                                1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
                                47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

Working...
                                X