2003 Toronto Bike Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Toronto Bike Show

I totally realize that it is just into October but as the weather slowly starts to turn cool up in this part of the country. It is time to start thinking of the TORONTO BIKE SHOW. Last year was the very time I meet people with the same interest / love of the XS11.
    Ok we did look at other bikes there. Is any one or two interested in meeting up again.
    Tom
    2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
    gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Found two web sites for two different bike shows in Toronto.
    www.torontomotorcycleshow.com

this is in December 6-8

www.supershowevents.com

this one is Jan3-5

The supershow show is out by the airport and the other one is downtown at the CNE
    Tom

Comment

Yee-Haw, I am ready to meet up and go to the show, I am partial to the January one since it is close to where Al and crew live, I haven't talked to them in a while, but I am going.

Speaking of the bike show.....who is this? Anybody we know?

Gary Granger
      Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
      2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Alright!!!! So you got me on my best day .....LOL

All I got to say to that Gary... " Keep your head up" You never know who has a camera !!!

Thanks for the pic!

THe rumour I heard was the manufacturers are going to the one down town and the dealers are going to stay out at the airport. And the rumour is that it will be more space( less crowded) But will the space for walking be there your guess is as good as mine.
        Tom

Comment

That will suck if they split it up, I wonder who you could call to see if this is true? I liked it all in one location......I mean it is a 4hour trip for me (each way).

Keep me posted!
          Gary Granger

Comment

I talked to Ron Lyman and got the following info:

http://www.sportshows.ca/tms/Visitor/index.htm

Parking is $9 surface, $11 underground. Admission is $10.

Yep, I have heard about this, but not looked into it yet. I heard the manufacturers don't like all the older bike 'stuff' in the same venue and decided to split off into their own show. So... the show we usually go to will not have the new bikes, but will have all the other crap.

If you are coming up for the December manufacturer's show, I will go. The location is basically downtown Toronto, so the traffic will suck more and parking will cost $$$. Bring your favourite lube. I've paid a low of $17 and a high of $35 for parking in this area this summer. It'll probably be in the $10 - $20 range I would think, being December and 'off-season'.

The parking and drive is the worst thing about the downtown shows. There are (has been) a couple of bike shows a year; one at the International Centre, and one downtown. I have never gone to the downtown one. Same goes for computer shows.

If you would like to come up and check it out, I will make an exception and attend.

Ron.

So it seems as if they have spilt the show in two. Now to see it all you have pay twice and go to two different shows! So do we go to the December show or the January show?
            Gary Granger

Comment

Gary
              For me it is about 3.5 hours or if I go by way of Darlene's and pick her up first it is 4hours to Toronto. I find it funny that someone from Toronto finding the traffic bad. I wonder what us country hicks think of the traffic. The place where the Bike show downtown is ( I feel) fairly easy to get to. It is the old automotive building. The floor space there does not compare to the size of the international center. I don't think it is half the size. Anytime I have gone to the CNE for shows there has always been enough parking on the site. I want to sit on some new bikes but I also like all the other stuff that the Airport site has. I am willing to go and meet up at both.
              Tom

Comment

I think I may do both as well, this year and then decide next year what to do. First one will be a boys night out, since Dena will not be able to go, and the one in Jan. will be a family outing.
                Gary Granger

Comment

I could hit the Jan one, december will be tough for me since I work in a storefront.
                  Then again, there's only "one" bike show a year.
                  1979 XS1100 - "Blue Belle"

Comment

Both shows

I like to meet at the show(either). I live in T.O. so if you have any ?.s I can check them out. dec show says there will be free parking at ontario place,its about 5-10 min walk.basicaly across the street/8 lane highway or free in side cne if your on your bike.
                    I'll probley Go train it.
                    1980 xs11/sg

Comment

Ok I have decided not to go to the show in December, I will hold off and do the one in January only. Hope to see you all there!!
                      Gary Granger

Comment

4 hours for me as well. SWMBO discussed it and decided on the January one. Plan on making the drive down on Saturday morning, hopefully arriving around 10 or 10:30. Haven't decided whether or not we are spending the weekend or just coming right back after the show.

Let me know what everyone's plans are so we can plan on meeting up.
                        Brian
                        1978E Midlife Crisis - A work in progress
                        1984 Kawasaki 550 Ltd - Gone, but not forgotten

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
                        remembering the same thing!

Comment

Big disapointment

Just got back from dec show. I thought it was a wast of time. So it's a good thing you guys didn't come to town.took about 40 min.to see every thing.went around three times just to make it feel worth while. talk to some guys leaving the show ( six of them)they felt same way.no old stuff. and not allot of accessories.wish I had my ten bucks back.
                          1980 xs11/sg

Comment

OK, 1 week to go! Are we going to set up a meeting and dinner like last year? I am planning on coming up early Friday and hitting the show both days. Plans????
                            Gary Granger

Comment

I will be there! Last years meeting place is fine by me.... I just can't remember what time we met there????? Anybody got any ideas?

Dinner will be also very great. (good idea) Darlene and I will be coming down to Toronto on Saturday morning and staying down overnight.

Gary, when you talk about shows both days? Are you talking about friday saturday OR saturday sunday?
                              Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X