Lost Rally 2015 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Rally 2015 ??

Anyone thinking about hosting a bash this year?
    81 H

Originally posted by haywardguy929 View Post
    Anyone thinking about hosting a bash this year?
    How about the Wildcat Mountain rally ? Might maybe could meet you there ?
    76 XS650 C ROADSTER
    80 XS650 G Special II
    https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
    80 XS 1100 SG
    81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
    https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
    AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

Not gonna lead us down any gravel roads this year are ya?
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I chalked that up to the "lost rally" theme and got cursed. I could lay a few excuses on ya but we all know what they say about them. As far as the rally down by Lacrosse it could work, I know Erik the Red put in time and work to have one in the U.P. last year and think we should see how it looks for that one as well.if he still wants to host. Anyone else have any suggestions or ideas throw'em out.
        81 H

Comment

I have room at the new place for a couple bikes.
          81 H

Comment

Looks like lots of room for wigwam or teepee ! I better chill it's to intents.
            76 XS650 C ROADSTER
            80 XS650 G Special II
            https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
            80 XS 1100 SG
            81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
            https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
            AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

I'd still be glad to host something up in the Keweenaw Peninsula. It'd pretty much be along the same as what we rode back in 2013 for the handful that were there. This year would be more organized. I've still got the skeleton of the plan rolling around in my noggin.

Now, the question remains, would folks feel like riding that far to get there? A more centrally located rally would be easier for more people to get to. I know the area up there and can provide a little color commentary, but again, I know it's a good long poke even to just get there.

If I host, the weekend would be August 15th weekend. So if it sounds like there's interest, I'll set plans in motion. Soooo.... Any takers? Or is the consensus to have it someplace else? Opinions? Preferences?
              Last edited by Erik the Red; 01-26-2015, 06:13 AM.
              -Do what makes you happy.

'79 Honda CB 750 K (2)
              '78 XS 11 E - "Rhona"
              ...and a 2nd E, for the goodies on it.

Comment

I'm going to check into this, but I'd sure like to get back up there.
                Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                '06 Suzuki DR650
                *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                '81 XS1100 Special
                '81 YZ250
                '80 XS850 Special
                '80 XR100
                *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

I would like to make the trip again Erik.
                  Not that far for me.
                  XJ1100 Ruby Red
                  XS1100LH "Midnight"
                  1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Cool, so there's some interest. If even just a few people actually make the trip, I'll be there to host and guide. I'd probably even be able to get there a day early or stay a day later if folks want more than a day or day and a half of riding up there. We'd just need to make motel reservations well enough in advance for that. And no gravel roads will be ridden this time.
                    Last edited by Erik the Red; 01-30-2015, 06:52 AM.

'79 Honda CB 750 K (2)
                    '78 XS 11 E - "Rhona"

Comment

Hey eric

Between rain and work I couldn't make it up to travel that part of the ride. i don't mind getting **** from the people that made the trip but your comments about gravel roads are getting old. For the most part I put on a good ride and Rally. Do me a favor and stfu about gravel roads ok?
                      81 H

Comment

How about some of us grow a little thicker skin and learn to take a little good-natured ribbing from friendly folks that mean no harm? Erik is a heck of a nice guy and nobody knew we'd need the little soft kiddie gloves with joking with you. Noted.
                        Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                        '06 Suzuki DR650
                        *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                        '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                        '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                        '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                        '81 XS1100 Special
                        '81 YZ250
                        '80 XS850 Special
                        '80 XR100
                        *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.

Hey man, I'm sorry, but there's been a pretty big miscommunication here. I wasn't talking about your ride. I did see something about gravel roads in the rally, but my mention of gravel was referring to MY taking folks down gravel by accident.

When the half dozen people who were going to circle Lake Superior were heading east, I was with them since I live downstate. There was a misunderstanding about quality of roads from a bike shop in Marquette. We had a great road followed by a really awful road. Gravel with potholes or sand was the order for 12+ miles. Arlen's windshield busted due to it.

That's what I was referring to. Nothing to do with your rally. Sorry that that wasn't clear when I wrote what I wrote. No disrespect intended, man.

Originally posted by haywardguy929 View Post
                          Between rain and work I couldn't make it up to travel that part of the ride. i don't mind getting **** from the people that made the trip but your comments about gravel roads are getting old. For the most part I put on a good ride and Rally. Do me a favor and stfu about gravel roads ok?

'79 Honda CB 750 K (2)
                          '78 XS 11 E - "Rhona"

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post
                            nobody knew we'd need the little soft kiddie gloves with joking with you. Noted.
                            +1
                            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Believe me I can take a joke and give it back with the best.Ive seen a referance to gravel like 3 times and a couple I took with good humor.aftter the 3rd I was like really? Yes I thought it was pertaining to me and was getting redundant if it was. No biggie and no drama here. Lifes good and I don't care either way. I can take sh it for it the rest of my life aand still smile.
                              81 H

Comment

Working...
                              X