Lake Geneva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Geneva?

I know thre're a lot of XS1100 owners within a reasonable distance of Lake Geneva Wi.

Let's figure a good weekend for a one day ride & meet there this summer. It's a very biker friendly town & there are always too many of those HDs when I'm there. Need a little back up.

I'll have a space at Walnecks swap in Woodstock on April 15th. Stop by & let's talk about this.
    Tom Clisham

Age is relative YOU WON"T GET OLD TIL YOU SELL THE BIKE

'78xs1100E ,all stock & original GONE TO WISCONSIN

'80 SG Vetter fairing,hard bags,trunk,fork brace,
    stock headers with fishtail mufflers,black & beautiful GONE TO ARIZONA

79SF lowered,jardine 4/2 exhaust,pod filters,drilled rotors,fork brace, bar hopper

79SF 1 owner,8000 miles, restoring to completely original ( I hope) GONE TO FRANCE

build it and they will come
    check into the rallies section for some advice
    Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
    Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
    and SOXS
    2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

Definitely a possibility!
      Nathan
      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
      K&N Filter
      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
      OEM Exhaust
      ATK Fork Brace
      LED Dash lights
      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
      SS Brake Lines
      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Cool Nate!

Hamjam: i wasn't trying for a really organized multi day "event". Just a casual meet of local xsrs. Show up or not, stay a little, stay a lot, hang out & go home. This area has a lot of XS riders within a short distance of Lake Geneva. Some might even decide to stay a weekend, because it is a really cool place to hang out. But no real organizing required because of the short distance & short time frame. Just a chance to say hello.
        Easy ride to Chicago, Milwaukee, Madison, Rockford. Thanks for the input.

Nate, If you think you might make Walnecks, I'll have some rims there, cheap.
        Tom Clisham

79SF lowered,jardine 4/2 exhaust,pod filters,drilled rotors,fork brace, bar hopper

79SF 1 owner,8000 miles, restoring to completely original ( I hope) GONE TO FRANCE

Comment

Originally posted by tom clisham View Post
          Nate, If you think you might make Walnecks, I'll have some rims there, cheap.
          I was thinking about that.
          Nathan
          KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
          K&N Filter
          #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
          OEM Exhaust
          ATK Fork Brace
          LED Dash lights
          Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
          SS Brake Lines
          Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

so give a couple of weeks notice and say on the forum " I'll be here @ such and such a time if anyone wants to meet for , a) lunch b) a ride c) coffee d ) dinner, you choose and let it percolate, then on the day go and have fun, if others join you it's a bonus, if not a bad day of riding beats most stuff anyway
            Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
            Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
            and SOXS
            2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

Sounds great. I will keep checking to see when. Count me in.
              "If it weren't for a budget I'd be bored."

Thom
              79 xs11sf - Rented Mule
              80 xs11sg
              81 sr250t- sold to Pain

Comment

Originally posted by Glarusguy View Post
                Sounds great. I will keep checking to see when. Count me in.
                You're not all that far from me. I'm in Davis, just South of Brodhead.
                (Assume New Glarus for you).

I'm thinkin along about mid to late July. I'll try to check this thread from time to time.
                Tom Clisham

Comment

My ride

Been spending most of my time on my refurbishing 79SF.Pretty much done & I took it for a ride yesterday around the lake. Man! Now I don't really know if want to sell it. I've been redoing it to sell.
                  But I digress.
                  My 80 special has the ignition advance wires issues, & i keep not getting around to it. Gotta do that to make any ride this summer. It's ok below 5000, like in the neighborhood, but on the road i don't think so. Also needs a little seafoam. I hope that's all it needs. That's why the 79 is so hard to sell. Nothin left to do on it.

carbs are off the barhopper & I started to cafe it.
                  Tom Clisham

Comment

Working...
                  X