The Midnight ride 15/16th - Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Midnight ride 15/16th - Michigan

SWMBO and I are planning on going and it would be cool to see some other xs's there. Just wondering if anyone else is planning on attending the Midnight Ride this year. I've been on it a few times when I was younger with my dad and I remember it being a good time, but this will be my first time as the "driver".

Official Info

Not sure if Michigan falls in East or Central, I always thought it was Mid-west, but thats not a forum. I posted in East as well.
    1979 xs1100 Special -
    Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
    Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
    My Bike:
    [link is broken]

How long a ride is it? I am near Akron Ohio

Comment

This sounds like a nice ride, but it would take me six hours just to get there and I really cant come up with the time to do this on short notice. Now that I know about it maybe I can plan ahead a little and make next years event.
      I know this, because Tyler knows this.

1980 SG
      3J6 003509
      Kerker 4-1 (sans baffles)
      Fuse Block Upgrade
      Mike's XS Green Coils
      Pods w/Homemade Velocity Stacks

Comment

It's around 250 miles, leaves north side of Grand Rapids at 12:00am and arrives at the mackinac bridge around 8:00am. There are several hour-ish breaks along the way for fuel, food, ect. From what I remember more bikes join the group at each stop.

Last year turn out was around 3000 riders. People gather on nearly every overpass to watch the huge string of bikes go by.

There is no charge to attend, however should you choose to buy a t-shirt, pin, whatever money goes to Juvenile Diabetes. Also at the end there is a large breakfast cook-out. I remember it being "free" with donation, however this year details don't specify if that is still the case.
        1979 xs1100 Special -
        Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
        My Bike:
        [link is broken]

Comment

I'll probably show up at the Wal-Mart in Alma... I'm from Mount Pleasant, just got new tires, brake pads, fresh brake fluid, fresh oil for the middle drive and final drive, new blinker bulbs, rewired the headlight (didn't work before...might need that at night), hooked up my radio (need to get an antenna, or may just play some cassettes lol), still need to put on my bags and trunk...I should be good to go, probably stay in a campground near St. Ignace...

-Chris-
          1971 CB750 K1 (Painted 96-98 honda blue, currently reassembling from total teardown)
          1979 XS1100F Dark Blue (almost done...seized bolts makin me PO'd!)
          1979 CX500C (project/parts...bad stator...)
          1981 CX500C (currently the bike i ride)

Comment

Chris, I'll keep an eye open for you. I'll be on a black 79sf with soft bags a small shield. SWMBO will be on an old honda shadow - recently painted blue. Was supposed to be a big group of friends with us also but they've all backed out.
            1979 xs1100 Special -

My Bike:
            [link is broken]

Comment

Working...
            X