$2 degree wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $2 degree wheel

A degree wheel is one of those tools you rarely need, but when you need it, you need it. Today I needed one, and not being one to drop $50 on a little metal disc I may not use again for a long time I got creative. I found an image of a degree wheel, printed it on paper, and rubber cemented it to a piece of cardboard. The cool thing about doing it this way is you can make the wheel virtually any size you want. On the bike I was working on I couldn't use a 7" wheel as the engine guards were in the way. I just sized it down when printing, and made one the perfect size for the application. I bolted it to the motor over the top of the timing plate with some washers to take up the slack, and I bolted a piece of coat hanger to the motor, and used that for my pointer. Total expenditure was $2 for a bottle of rubber cement. Here's a link to the degree wheel graphic, and here's a pic of the installed wheel -

Click image for larger version

Name:	DegreeWheel.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	860602
    Last edited by tplank; 11-10-2020, 01:23 AM.
    I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines
Working...
X