Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Speedometer cable

Greetings,
    Does anybody have a good link for ordering a speeomter cable for my 1980 XS1100 S? All my local vendors say 1-2 weeks to get one and I can't live without it that long!!!! I need to ride!!!!! Thanks for the help, DJ.
    To live is to ride and to ride is knowing how to live.

you might try some local bone yards in the area. I have had pretty decent luck finding cables and mirrors, etc. at the local wrecker.
    Yamaniac
    '79 xs11 sf - WidowMaker, 750 final drive
    '80 xs1100 sg- ENEMY#1 parts bike no title(free)
    '79 f- frame and swingarm (and title)
    '82 yz 490- needs a cylinder, head, & new piston, etc. Got one for sale?
    '88 Honda cbr600- Running, finally! Training bike for swmbo, maybe a stunt bike for me eventually.

Comment

I just got one from Dennis Kirk about a month ago. cost about $12.00.

Speedometer Cables $15.95 Parts Unlimited Speedometer Cables
      Dennis Kirk Part #: C4024
      Manufacturer Part #: K284024
      Type: Cable - Speedometer
      Units: each

More than 10 in Stock

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...eafCatId=41001

This should help...
      Ray
      Ray Matteis
      KE6NHG
      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Cool!!!! thanks for all the help, this will get me back on the road ASAP!!!!
        To live is to ride and to ride is knowing how to live.

Comment

Hey ther DJRIDER.........if you haven't got a new made up speedo cable yet..........make one up. Napa should have the cable on a spool. Cut off the length you need. They may even have the square hammer mandrel to square ends. Just an idea, as I did mine like that some on the Venturer some 20+ years ago. seem to remember using some shim stock to make square end a td smaller on the wheel end. It's still in there working fine as I wiped it down with some fine machine grease prior to installing. At the time, working in a shop, had acces to all that stuff, so was a snap to replace. Think it took me all of 20min. to replace . So, for future reference anyway, your not out of luck findin' a new cable as the brass cable can still be had at stores like NAPA, however long you want it(hopefully for a long time).
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
          X