Loud Pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loud Pipes

I am a about to order a new shiny set of MAC 4 into 2 chrome turnout pipes. To replace the my old rusted ones currently on my bike. The reason I waited so long with the old pipes is because one of the baffles were removed and I just love the sound. I was wondering if anyone knew how to remove baffles from my new pipes once they get here. Also does that anti blueing stuff that is sold at bike shops really work ?

this is my 1st post.

D

congrats on the first post, welcome... You may want to read up on drilling your baffles. I drilled 6 holes in my 4-1 bafle and it definately made it a much louder deeper sound. As far as the blueing stuff, I think any crome polish will work.
    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Don't use any type of chrome polish where there is high heat. The chemicals in the polish WILL cause the pipes to 'yellow' in a short time. Then you will think the carbs are maybe running to lean, besides looking like crap. YES, Blu-Away does remove the blueing, which is caused from running too rich. A very small amount and just be patient and keep working it. Have touched on the subject of blue/rich, lean/yellow in another thread, and can better explain cause and effect to verify facts backing this phenonima if interested.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
      X