Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacuum line routing - tank swap question

Hi All,

I'm in the process of putting a Standard tank on my Special. Since I'm limited to ~ 90 miles to a tank I figured this would be an easy to eliminate one of the fuel cans I carry. Someday I'll fabricate a tank under the sidecar with a transfer pump but.....

Fuel line routing isn't a problem, other than the normal cramped fit with filters and an extra Briggs petcock, but I'm trying to figure out the best way to run the vacuum lines.

I assume the best connection is off a carb boot port rather than the carb. Should I run a single line along the frame and tee under the tank or run two lines?

I'm still cleaning up this ebay tank after shipping. The seller didn't bother to drain all the fuel and apparently ups wouldn't accept a gas soaked package so.... The seller wrapped up the box in a plastic bag and put the whole works in another, larger box. The main problem came from the fact that the styrofoam packing material in the inner box dissolved in the fuel - what a mess. Kinda reminded me of melted marshmallows.

Thanks,

Rob

Run the vacuum lines off the nipple on # 1 & 4 carb boots to the corresponding petcock. The small nipple on the carb body on #2 carb is for the vacuum advance mechanism.

Comment

Hey there Rob buddy! The way the vacuum lines normally run is one from each petcock to the manifold boot nipples. It does not really matter if you choose 1 & 4, or 2 & 3, as long as you plug the other two.
      Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Working...
      X