Xs1100f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the site Ridinhi,
    As you can already see, the folks on this site are very helpfull. A great bunch for sure.

May your XS give you many miles of joy.

Ride Safe
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

Just keep me imformed Skids. Have extra room for ya.........and could join you, being retired, can go on short notice. Always up for ridin'. Email me: brperson@msn.com
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Hello fellow XS's.

Never thought I would say that.

I just got the carbs and engine back together. I replaced all of the carb tubes because they were badly cracked. I went through the carbs and replaced a few gaskets and cleaned. All is well.

I changed oil, gear lube, went through the final and diassembled the brakes. I plan to replace all of the lines with SS and have rebuilt the calipers and front master.

I started the bike last night and she fired right up. I have two vacuum lines to replace is all I saw. The carbs synched with a little tuning and she runs smooth as butter.

I did have a real smoking problem on the 1-2 side but after a bit of running it went away. I may have had a ring stuck because of the sitting. If it does it on startup I will put a little Marvins in each cylinder to see if it freezes up. I hope it is not a valve seal. I plan to get the tires done by tuesday and have the lines made up . I may just have Pirtek make me a set.

I will, upon recommendations here, change the fuse block after getting all of the maintenance issues rung up.

Later

Ridinhi

Comment

One thing I forgot to mention.

My Dad helped me do all of this. He loves to tinker on bikes. I am not sure I could have done all of this in record time without him.

Thanks Old Man !!!!!

Comment

Here is my $500 (with 32K) "F", after a lot of hours and a little bit of cash. Now she has 105K on her.

DZ
            Vyger, 'F'
            "The Special", 'SF'
            '08 FJR1300

Comment

I like the exhaust and the drag bars.

Mine is the same exact color.

Did you take the fairing off or did you recieve it that way?

Comment

Mine came with full fairing, floorboards, saddle bags, and trunk. It was a full on "bagger". I found it sitting outside in a service yard of a dealer, looking sad. The dealer was asking $1000. I told him it was not worth any more than $500. After he made several attempts to get more out of me, as I was walking for the door, he gave in.
                DZ
                Vyger, 'F'
                "The Special", 'SF'
                '08 FJR1300

Comment

I also got mine for $500. A guy my dad works with gave up on the bike 4 years ago when the front caliper locked up. It was actually the master cylinder rubber boot allowing water to enter the system. I have already rebuilt the brakes.

I had the plug wire on the #2 snap. The interior insulation seemed to break but nothing is exposed. I do not think it is an issue right now.

The next thing is getting new rubber put on. Anyone know the torque value of the clutch bolts in the rear tire? I am speaking of the bolts that go into the rubber bushings.

Also would like to know what a replacment part number would be to maybe a replacement aftermarket coil/plug wire set.

Comment

Here is the best deal I have seen for coils. And you can use any wires.

http://www.mikesxs.com/parts/img250/17-6803.jpg

(www.mikesxs.com)

The XS1100 uses two of the samething the later XS650s used.
                    DZ
                    Vyger, 'F'
                    "The Special", 'SF'
                    '08 FJR1300

Comment

Working...
                    X