TCI unit -wanted- $$$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCI unit -wanted- $$$

Need an ignition module for my '80G. tried everything, no spark on 1&4, pickup leads replaced and test fine, Dyna coils test fine, I followed all factory test info plus the ignition info in 'repairs' section... it's gotta be the TCI. Took off the cover of the unit, looks OK, but I can only get to the back side of the circuit board, it's molded in place.
    Anyone want to sell their spare? Paypal or money order ready! post or EM jaybird2k@webtv.net Thanks!

outside shot...

Just maybe you might luck out - if you can trace the circuit board lead that goes to the plug/wire that goes to coil for 2&3, and identify where is the power transistor for that coil, and heat and add just a bit of solder. That happened to mine - there was just little enough solder on one power transistor leg to work for six years, then fail (oxidation or whatever). I resoldered there and bingo, it's been fine for 12 years now.

What do you have to lose?
    Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Comment

I have one that I could part with. If you are still interested, I could hook it up to my bkie and make sure it works alright. Get a hold of me at j_sells@hotmail.com and we'll see if we can't make something work.
      Jeremy

1979 XS11 Special
      2002 Ducati ST4S
      2012 BMW F800R
      1981 Suzuki GS450E
      1982 Honda XL500R

Comment

Thanks Mike! I'll tear into i as soon as I get another one on the ay! LOL, it may be fixable, but I'll have to cut plastic to get access to the 'good' side of the board. Jeremy, you have mail! thanks for quick reply, you guys rock!

Comment

tci repair

Hi guys,

Didn't there use to be a guy on xs750/850 list that diagnosed and repaired TCI units? Does anyone remember or have this link?

Thanks,
          Tim
          80 XS11 Special

Comment

Hey Jeremy, email me, jaybird2k@webtv.net I mailed you twice about the TCI, haven't heard back. I still need one! anyone?

Comment

Hello Jay,
              Sorry to hear you still have no spark. I may know a guy that has your TCI Unit. He used to be on the xs1100 mailing list but has not came to the new forum. I have purchased items from him a few times myself, and am very happy with everything i recieved. I have also spoken on the phone with him a few times, he is a very nice guy. His name is Randy jackson, and his email is rafter@bga.com Email Randy with your parts request and tell him I reffered you. If he don't have one, you are hurtin' for certain.

good luck Jay
              Bill Woods
              1981 Yamaha XS1100SH (Eleven Special)
              1985 Kawasuki GS425 Mojave ATV
              2006 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4 ATV

Comment

Thanks Bill, I have one on the way from Jeremy. Andreas has been helpful too. I'll keep you posted!

Comment

Working...
                X