Creation IIII 79 xs11 special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creation IIII 79 xs11 special

Just got back from paying for my next project, HUM seems like I don't have the 2nd one done yet, and will pick it up after the 12" of snow we received melts down a little more. Of course by now you've learned that I like them stock so the drag bars are going to go. (Sorry Hot Rodders). There are a couple small dents in the tank that I think a dentless repair guy can correct. I am most please with the chrome package that is on the bike but really do not care for the painted motor. I would guess I will need to stick with the painted motor. New tires all the way around. Stock mufflers are in very good condition. Looks like it did a "slide for life" once and the crash bars (removed in this picture) saved everything but one head light ear and blinker. I have a new set of blinkers for unit. PO was into the carbs and now does not run well so will need to go thru them. Pretty pleased overall and found in Sioux City, Ia. right across the river from where I live during the week. [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]
    DEW
    One Red "Creation 1"
    One Black"Creation 2"
    One Black"Creation 3"
    One ???? "Creation 4"
    One ???? "Creation 5"
    One ???? "Parts Bike"
    All the above 1100 Specials
    78 Standard (Ruf Ruf)
    1980 Midnight Special
    1978 650 SE

Okay so I shoulda downsized the pic's a little. I still have my training wheels on. Sorry
    DEW
    One Red "Creation 1"
    One Black"Creation 2"
    One Black"Creation 3"
    One ???? "Creation 4"
    One ???? "Creation 5"
    One ???? "Parts Bike"
    All the above 1100 Specials
    78 Standard (Ruf Ruf)
    1980 Midnight Special
    1978 650 SE

Comment

Chrome won't get you home, but an XS11 will!!

Hey DEW,

That's an AWESOME FIND, worth what you paid for it, just for the chrome package!!! Well, I like stock looking bars also, not necessarily the buckhorns, but definitely NOT the drag bars. The Special is a CRUISER, not a crotch rocket!! Sit up, back, and relax and enjoy the ride!!!
      T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

I think it's a beautiful bike - all except for those handlebars and I'm not crazy about the front blinkers.

Ben
        1985 Yamaha VMX12n "Max X" - Stock
        1982 Honda XL500r "Big Red" - Stump Puller. Unknown mileage.
        1974-78 Honda XL350 hybrid - The thumper that revs. Unknown miles.
        1974 Suzuki TC/TS125 hybrid. Trials with trail gear. Invaluable. Unknown miles.
        1971 Honda CL350. For Dad. Newtronic Electronic Ign. Reliable. Unknown miles.

Formerly:
        1982 XS650
        1980 XS1100g
        1979 XS1100sf
        1978 XS1100e donor

Comment

Nice ride and it goes well with your other two creations- its good to find one just a few miles from home. Good Job!

Comment

Ben

Those front turn signal lenses are good. Being thicker, they can be seen better from the side, so oncoming traffic can see your signal flashing. Any little advantage could help save your butt.

Comment

Oh, and you need a grab bar, too.
              Ben
              1985 Yamaha VMX12n "Max X" - Stock
              1982 Honda XL500r "Big Red" - Stump Puller. Unknown mileage.
              1974-78 Honda XL350 hybrid - The thumper that revs. Unknown miles.
              1974 Suzuki TC/TS125 hybrid. Trials with trail gear. Invaluable. Unknown miles.
              1971 Honda CL350. For Dad. Newtronic Electronic Ign. Reliable. Unknown miles.

Formerly:
              1982 XS650
              1980 XS1100g
              1979 XS1100sf
              1978 XS1100e donor

Comment

Working...
              X