Which brake pads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which brake pads?

Are the Vesrah pads a good all round lasting brake pad?
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

I tried the Versah pads and they squeaked like crazy no matter what I tried. Went back to the EBC"s and no squeak.
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Have run the EBC pads since 2000, no problems and quiet.
      Jerry Fields
      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
      '06 Concours
      My Galleries Page.
      My Blog Page.
      "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Where can one score some EBC pads? The rear on the Battle Cruiser is getting pretty thin.
        Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
        78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
        02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"

Comment

I get mine from Dennis Kirk or Chapperall Supply. Some shops may stock them also.
          When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

I have Vesrah pads in my 79 Special. They squeeked like crazy for about three weeks and I was threatening to take them out and can them. Then, they stopped squeeking overnight and now stop very smooth and fine. Also, they stop very well in an agressive situation.

probably just an extra long break-in is needed for the compound.

There are probably better pads available.
            Mike Giroir
            79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

Any of your local bike shops can get them for ya, or a motorcycle accessory place would likely have them. EBC's are a very popular pad for any bike.
              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
              X